Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Yeah I'll top myself before I end up in a retirement home.
tbh some of them aren't all that bad, but usually it's the very expensive places most of us could never hope to afford (at least in the US, not sure the state of things there). back when I worked at the hospital in MD, we had to go around to area nursing homes and collect samples from patients there, and I got to see the wide disparity in conditions. I also understand how even the really nice ones might not appeal to some, but some of them are set up with varying degrees of independence based on residents' needs. like one had apartments, which were basically entirely independent, just didn't have to worry about loud teen neighbors, then there was assisted living which was mostly independent but had staff that would assist with some routine needs, and then the health center was for residents with more acute health issues or convalescence.

tbh some of them aren't all that bad, but usually it's the very expensive places most of us could never hope to afford (at least in the US, not sure the state of things there). back when I worked at the hospital in MD, we had to go around to area nursing homes and collect samples from patients there, and I got to see the wide disparity in conditions. I also understand how even the really nice ones might not appeal to some, but some of them are set up with varying degrees of independence based on residents' needs. like one had apartments, which were basically entirely independent, just didn't have to worry about loud teen neighbors, then there was assisted living which was mostly independent but had staff that would assist with some routine needs, and then the health center was for residents with more acute health issues or convalescence.
I play at one assisted living facility where the residents are completely independent and for most of them the staff are more like servants than caregivers. They drink wine while we play. They also have a huge game room, a legit movie theater, and a full menu to choose meals from like a resturant. I would like to live there now. They are the exception though, and I can't imagine how much it costs to live there.