Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

She texted friends on her phone and ignored the lesson and refused to take notes cause she didn’t know what to take them on. So about the same as in person classes.

I have no clue how I made her. I cried if I got an a-. I just hope she graduates.

Big Chief tablet and #2 pencil.

She texted friends on her phone and ignored the lesson and refused to take notes cause she didn’t know what to take them on. So about the same as in person classes.

I have no clue how I made her. I cried if I got an a-. I just hope she graduates.
well, no phones in class would stop part of that problem real quick

well, no phones in class would stop part of that problem real quick
The school she’s in is the kind that is just glad students are in class. They have very little standards after that. They even give access to WiFi to all students.

I’m actually excited we are moving out of this district and hope the next school has higher expectations, but then she might just fail out. She’s not exactly the care about school or grades type person. She’s gonna have sone maturing to do in that regard before I expect her to get a college degree. (Or possibly graduate high school).

The school she’s in is the kind that is just glad students are in class. They have very little standards after that. They even give access to WiFi to all students.

I’m actually excited we are moving out of this district and hope the next school has higher expectations, but then she might just fail out. She’s not exactly the care about school or grades type person. She’s gonna have sone maturing to do in that regard before I expect her to get a college degree. (Or possibly graduate high school).
Sounds like you have a lot of expectations on her. Maybe shes destined to go an alternative route? I was an absolute terror in HS, didnt get a degree in an orthodox way and I've managed to use natural skills to crush the job market and am now half way through a 4 years, again unorthodox, masters.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant

man, thats tough for you as a parent to deal with. Sounds like you've accepted it, but its gotta be a rough road to come to that realization

hope the new school opens her up to new challenges

Sounds like you have a lot of expectations on her. Maybe shes destined to go an alternative route? I was an absolute terror in HS, didnt get a degree in an orthodox way and I've managed to use natural skills to crush the job market and am now half way through a 4 years, again unorthodox, masters.
My husband and ex both got geds and did other things. I’m totally ok with her doing something else but she says she wants one thing so I want her to know what she needs to get there and then she puts minimal effort in to make it happen. I’m letting the natural consequences happen though. If she fails and drops out that’s fine. She can get her ged and figure something out from there.

she’s in Spanish 2 but didn’t learn anything from Spanish 1 so she’s completely lost already and it’s only day 3. I offer some alternatives to help her catch up and she got mad at me. So okay, see what you can do on your own. I think I’m just most frustrated cause what she says she wants and the work she’s willing to put in don’t match. She thinks she can just draw whatever she wants and get a job but life doesn’t work that way. She needs to refine her skills by being taught by a professional. She had degrees that would be perfect for what she wants to do at the college near where we are moving but she has to get in and pass all her classes not just art. Heck even in art last year she only got a c cause she refused to do any assignment that wasnt drawing (they had some writing assignments and things).
Like I said, I try to simply provide info and let her make her own choices, technically she’s16 and doesn’t have to go to school anymore, But it doesn’t mean I understand her mentality or am not flabbergasted and frustrated by her approach. Having a school with no expectations doesn’t really provide her any motivation though. She’sa good kid in class, never in trouble, teachers like her, she just puts in minimum effort. If she makes it to college, it’s gonna be a rude awakening.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
And she may just need a few extra years and some life experience to mature before she goes to college. Dealing with her anxiety and depression has made the last few years rough.

My husband and ex both got geds and did other things. I’m totally ok with her doing something else but she says she wants one thing so I want her to know what she needs to get there and then she puts minimal effort in to make it happen. I’m letting the natural consequences happen though. If she fails and drops out that’s fine. She can get her ged and figure something out from there.

she’s in Spanish 2 but didn’t learn anything from Spanish 1 so she’s completely lost already and it’s only day 3. I offer some alternatives to help her catch up and she got mad at me. So okay, see what you can do on your own. I think I’m just most frustrated cause what she says she wants and the work she’s willing to put in don’t match. She thinks she can just draw whatever she wants and get a job but life doesn’t work that way. She needs to refine her skills by being taught by a professional. She had degrees that would be perfect for what she wants to do at the college near where we are moving but she has to get in and pass all her classes not just art. Heck even in art last year she only got a c cause she refused to do any assignment that wasnt drawing (they had some writing assignments and things).
Like I said, I try to simply provide info and let her make her own choices, technically she’s16 and doesn’t have to go to school anymore, But it doesn’t mean I understand her mentality or am not flabbergasted and frustrated by her approach. Having a school with no expectations doesn’t really provide her any motivation though. She’sa good kid in class, never in trouble, teachers like her, she just puts in minimum effort. If she makes it to college, it’s gonna be a rude awakening.
I got sent to the best private school available and still didnt do a damn thing. I passed everything based on natural smarts, not any hard work. Being a teenager is tough. Sounds like she has a passion for drawing. The only thing I ever cared about consistently was reading books.