Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Youre number one!

'US records world record 77,300 new infections in one day'

YAAAAY THEY DID IT!!!!!

giphy.gif

And what have you read? This scientific knowledge was reported months ago.
Umm, I just told you. You're welcome to read the replies when I asked about time and dose last month on the COVID19 subreddit.

So with what we know right now, a biker going by you isn't going to infect you.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Umm, I just told you. You're welcome to read the replies when I asked about time and dose last month on the COVID19 subreddit.

So with what we know right now, a biker going by you isn't going to infect you.

And also I read a study from (I think?) South Korea, where they can do real contact tracing. IIRC, the study showed that out of the thousands of tracings they did, they could only find one that might have come from outside. It was some soccer match. That should give you enough info if you want to find it.

Of course not. Our test positivity rate is public information. :lol:+++

Well, thank you. For the record, it was Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin. They all used their national platforms to spread that, started by this I assume:

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
It does feel kinda like we are living the plot to Jaws. Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, we're being told its perfectly safe to go swimming.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Apparently a new line is "asymptomatic people can't spread it".

We're doomed.
From a study in Hong Kong, most people (70%) don't spread it to anyone, which is pretty crazy.

If you haven't seen it, the rest of the numbers come out like this:
10% are super spreaders
20% spread to 1-2 people

From a study in Hong Kong, most people (70%) don't spread it to anyone, which is pretty crazy.

If you haven't seen it, the rest of the numbers come out like this:
10% are super spreaders
20% spread to 1-2 people

I haven't dug into this as far as you have but found it interesting/odd stories of some kid getting it but not spreading it to the parents, or one spouse getting it, the other assuming they must have it but actually don't.
Contrasted with one worker getting it (meat packing plants, nursing homes, etc.) and it spreads like wildfire.

Lot of variables in there obviously but still kind of a "the more you know the more you don't know" type thing. Not literally but you get what I mean.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and fly
I haven't dug into this as far as you have but found it interesting/odd stories of some kid getting it but not spreading it to the parents, or one spouse getting it, the other assuming they must have it but actually don't.
Contrasted with one worker getting it (meat packing plants, nursing homes, etc.) and it spreads like wildfire.

Lot of variables in there obviously but still kind of a "the more you know the more you don't know" type thing. Not literally but you get what I mean.
It IS odd. We have a husband/wife friend like that. He got it, and she didn't. Not sure if you saw it, but the blood type antigen paper I posted about the other day might (hopefully) go a long way toward explaining that.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

these are the unknown unknowns and known unknowns Rumsfeld warned us about

• Haha
Reactions: HipHugHer