Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Some friends rented a cabin in GA, the day after they drove up their son started a low grade fever, fatigue, and headache. So they drove back yesterday. The sucky part is that the kid has only been out of the house twice in 30 days, but one of those times was on Friday. Getting tested now, but results take 8 days.

This covid shit needs to go away. I'm supposed to go on a fishing trip in northern Quebec next summer.

not with that covid shit in your lungs sir.

giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and Peppers
Here's a pretty neat theoretical explanation of why blood type might matter for COVID transmission.

If I'm reading this right, the virons that are expelled when breathing have your blood type antigen attached to them. Since O is the universal donor, that extends to COVID. But if a person who is A, B, or AB passes a respiratory droplet to someone who is type O, the immune system immediately attacks it because of the blood type antigen. If correct, it means that the 'superspreaders' are likely people with O type blood.

All theory right now, but experiments are likely coming!

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Here's a pretty neat theoretical explanation of why blood type might matter for COVID transmission.

If I'm reading this right, the virons that are expelled when breathing have your blood type antigen attached to them. Since O is the universal donor, that extends to COVID. But if a person who is A, B, or AB passes a respiratory droplet to someone who is type O, the immune system immediately attacks it because of the blood type antigen. If correct, it means that the 'superspreaders' are likely people with O type blood.

We have all the POWER!!!!!!

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
I’m glad we are able to learn more about Covid as time ticks past, but I fear any news of that sort will be used as an argument against mask use or some other frickin nonsense.

Some folks think anything learned after the first week is a sign that nobody knows what they’re doing. Makes me wanna barf in their mouths.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and fly

20200715_123245.png

Interesting trivia I read today. Type O blood is actually a misnomer. The original researcher called it type ZERO, because it did zero clotting when mixed with other blood.

Interesting trivia I read today. Type O blood is actually a misnomer. The original researcher called it type ZERO, because it did zero clotting when mixed with other blood.

Man, it was rough running with my mask on today. Turns out my cardio fitness type is actually cardi-zero.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly