Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Fuckin Houston

Stay say my darling @dbzeag :heart:
Chim and I aren't leaving the house but once a week for groceries, wearing our masks and using sanitizer when we get home.

We are VERY fortunate in that we can work from home fully as well as the fact we are quite introverted so this isn't an issue. Some people can't be in that position for a variety of reasons. Those people that CHOOSE to behave in risky positions, however, need struck down. It's one thing to not wear a mask because you have the incorrect rejection of fear and use excuses like "I can't breathe in them" (coming from a white man, oh the irony) so that you get sick. Your actions affected you. This situation, however, affects others. Your actions will hurt others, whether you are conscious of that or not. And you should be conscious of that fact because leadership and science as told you as much; if you wear a mask you won't be as likely to pass on a sickness that even if you "recover" you still can have permanent damage. This is all fueled on selfishness, pure and simple. Looking out for "number 1", until you can't control your number 2's because now you're sick.

The more this goes on, the worse I feel. About humanity in general. In just how crap this country is. About my doorway to escape to my family in a far superior country of Canada closing it's doors.

The more I have been isolated, the more I have tried to convince myself that I really only need myself to survive. Then I remember that without Chim, I would still be recovering from my back injury (coincidentally starting at the start of the first lockdown). I remember the restaurants that we get one meal a week to go to try and support and those employees that work there. I remember the stores for supplies and those that work the front line on daily battles that look more and more like Black Friday but every day.

We are all in this together, whether you like it or not. You breathe the same air as the corrupt oil refinery spewing out it's pollutants as well as your neighbor. You shop at the same store as literally thousands of others later that day. You order the same meals that literally hundreds have picked up already today. You are not alone. Stop trying to make it like you are. We have to support each other. Your selfish nationalism or your misguided and inferior impression of "freedom" is not supporting anyone. Colonialism is supposed to be dead; you shouldn't be killing others to get an impression you might be "free".

There was a chapter in one of my psych books on suicide attempt survivors and it’s incredibly rare to find one who didn’t immediately regret what they were doing.

I’ve known three personally who survived, two of which weren’t happy that they’d failed. One, a jumper. Two, blew up own house. Three, shot himself with a shotgun and took his jaw off. Number two was the only one to be happy with his failed attempt.
I guess it just depends on the motivation. If it's just mental, and a suicide attempt puts a person in a different mental state because of the reaction to the attempt and it changes their focus or visibility on something. It's totally believable that a violent or aggressive or shocking act like a suicide attempt might foster revisiting and revising one's motivations for suicide.

If, however, the reason for the attempt was structural, such as chronic pain, that you want to get rid of because THAT is causing mental anguish, that is a different situation. That I would assume isn't something that a shocking event like a suicidal attempt would snap you out of; the condition is still persistent.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Y18pu71.jpg

lol @ americans