Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

ok so.. the government has shut down allllll these things down preventing ppl
from working etc... THEY FAILED to act fast to control the spread (plus all your peeps are stubborn but that’s another story let’s stick to the government) and they broadcast to the masses over and over “:

“GET TESTED YOU GONNA DIEEEEE
we got the highest covid cases in the whole wide world!!!!! PANDEMIX!!

but y’all also have to pay out of pocket for this. and if you ain’t got insurance, sorry boo.
good luck and god bless”

i’m sorry but the united states is not the greatest nation on earth!
i’m so very sorry to all you guys. i wish i could give you all our health cares from here cuz this is so fucked.

i know this is the norm to you guys but it’s so crazy to me
My dad got tested the other day. It was free. :iono:

The antibodies yes but if I have the symptoms and can’t get a test I’ll just self quarantine on my own. I don’t need a test to do that.
True, but it's still important to know. If you *actually* have it, you can notify people you've been in contact with, which can help prevent community spread. Are you really debating if testing is important?

True, but it's still important to know. If you *actually* have it, you can notify people you've been in contact with, which can help prevent community spread. Are you really debating if testing is important?
No I’m not. But multiple attempts are. It’s not a knock on the test importance but more a knock the testing process and availability. I had one of my employees go every day for a week and a half before they finally got a test and it was positive. Made zero sense to keep going everyday. Also for some reason a positive test has somewhat turned into a badge of honor or cool thing for the kids. When you have every celebrity and sports person who gets it come out via a press conference it was bound to happen.

No I’m not. But multiple attempts are. It’s not a knock on the test importance but more a knock the testing process and availability. I had one of my employees go every day for a week and a half before they finally got a test and it was positive. Made zero sense to keep going everyday. Also for some reason a positive test has somewhat turned into a badge of honor or cool thing for the kids. When you have every celebrity and sports person who gets it come out via a press conference it was bound to happen.
I dunno man. I'm pretty sure before this is 'over' many, many people are going to be tested multiple times. And in my mind, that's a good thing. Assuming we could ever get this under control, knowing a window greatly reduces contact tracing (be it official, or the person notifying friends/coworkers).

Even getting tested multiple times AFTER getting it once gives us good data. For example, right now we can say with a pretty high level of confidence that contracting the virus grants immunity for at least 6 months, since other than random anecdotes, there are no widespread reinfections.

That's the stuff we need to know!

I dunno man. I'm pretty sure before this is 'over' many, many people are going to be tested multiple times. And in my mind, that's a good thing. Assuming we could ever get this under control, knowing a window greatly reduces contact tracing (be it official, or the person notifying friends/coworkers).

Even getting tested multiple times AFTER getting it once gives us good data. For example, right now we can say with a pretty high level of confidence that contracting the virus grants immunity for at least 6 months, since other than random anecdotes, there are no widespread reinfections.

That's the stuff we need to know!
I didn't mean multiple tests I mean waiting multiple days to get a single test.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly