Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Because who ultimately tells the CDC what to release? The lunatic in charge? Oh yeah....

Wonder who I would trust....

Jesus.
The CDC and the Lunatic have been disagreeing since day one of the this pandemic actually. The one thing the extreme lefties and the MAGA's have in common in this country on this topic is neither trusts the CDC.

Can you point me to this data please. It contradicts years and years of established research by more than just the CDC. All this money hospitals have wasted cleaning and disinfecting over the years when it turns out surfaces don't need to be clean.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
You're so dramatic. That wasn't a general statement by the CDC, or me (not that I should count), about viruses. This relates specifically to fomite transmission of the novel coronavirus. Apparently most enveloped viruses aren't very hardy outside their host.

Here's an interesting post from a doctor that did some looking.

Again, to be clear, no one is saying that it isn't possible, just unlikely.

Yet the article you linked to doesn't support your opinion. It only states that there's insufficient data. Apart from clusters where tracing is possible or familial/ workplace infections its almost impossible to state how someone caught the virus. If you go shopping and a week later find you caught it, how do you know whether it was the keypad, trolley or someone coughing? The greatest numbers will be from those who took the most risks, that doesn't make other risks less important.
The reason I get annoyed with garbage like you posted is that you are basically giving out dangerous advice without knowing what the hell you are talking about. Your claim is far too definite and isn't what the data actually says. Most road deaths involve cars. By your warped logic that makes motor bikes safe. If fomite transmission is so unlikely then hand washing is unnecessary isnt it?

Oh and the surface detectability of the virus doesnt make it 'not very hardy' . Read the numbers again. Up to 72 hours?

Yet the article you linked to doesn't support your opinion. It only states that there's insufficient data. Apart from clusters where tracing is possible or familial/ workplace infections its almost impossible to state how someone caught the virus. If you go shopping and a week later find you caught it, how do you know whether it was the keypad, trolley or someone coughing? The greatest numbers will be from those who took the most risks, that doesn't make other risks less important.
The reason I get annoyed with garbage like you posted is that you are basically giving out dangerous advice without knowing what the hell you are talking about. Your claim is far too definite and isn't what the data actually says. Most road deaths involve cars. By your warped logic that makes motor bikes safe. If fomite transmission is so unlikely then hand washing is unnecessary isnt it?

Oh and the surface detectability of the virus doesnt make it 'not very hardy' . Read the numbers again. Up to 72 hours?

Dude, this is advice from the CDC. Once they changed their stance, I decided to do some reading on it, so I suggest you @ them! No one is fucking making plans based on what I say. :lol:

That said, with over 5 million cases at this point and people all over the world in heavy lockdown, it seems likely to me that if it was a huge vector, fomite transmission would have been regularly found. Of course not in the use case you listed, duh, but in plenty where people are in solo isolation with rare movements in public.

Also, I think you missed an important sentence (which is all over other studies as well).
One important caveat to swab studies is that detection of viral RNA is not the same as detection of virus capable of transmitting infection.

Do you have any research about SARS-COV-2 fomite transmission that you've come across? I'd love to read it.

There is still so much we don't know, I don't understand why you'd risk it. It's a *super* easy thing to do, so that you and others don't have to deal with the possibility of *super* bad consequences.

There are only two types of people who don't wear masks around others:
* uninformed
* selfish

Which one are you and why?

oh i forgot to answer this!!

ok so that morning i texted a fellow UFr and said.. “im bored! i’m gonna tell everyone in the forum that i hate masks and will no longer be wearing them.. who will lose their shit first?

let me tell ya, we were not expecting YOU to go all Karen on me lmaoooo!

thanks for playing along!
trolling in my pre-40s is just as fun as 20s!

PETITION TO HAVE @fly’s name be changed to @karen

me + my mask all day errrrrday baby!

af29ba617dc9d72dd9a45227985d0bb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok so that morning i texted a fellow UFr and said.. “im bored! i’m gonna tell everyone in the forum that i hate masks and will no longer be wearing them.. who will lose their shit first?

It’s supposed to cover your nose too, dummy

:lol:+++++++++++++++++++++++

Nice shirt bro.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia

"pre" 40s?

Who do you think you're kidding?