[Article] Finally, the pho thread. With a gui cuon bonus.

Because it wasn't designed by a physician? Because it shows me to barely be "normal" at 185, a weight I have never been since I reached this height. It ignores an entire range of factors, factors that could fairly easily be measured and included. Because across 40 studies surveying 250,000 people it showed that people with a BMI of 30-35 were at less risk of heart disease than those with a BMI of 20.

It's crap. It has been used for two centuries with no adjustments to make it fit better, how many medical procedures or tests have you seen that have not changed in 200 years? It's obsolete, and was created that way.

Jesus man. Its for a QUICK ESTIMATION. Do you really think your entire health profile can be broken down into two numbers?

Jesus man. Its for a QUICK ESTIMATION. Do you really think your entire health profile can be broken down into two numbers?
THAT'S MY FUCKING POINT

No one's health can be broken down into two numbers, so why the hell is this broke-ass system so important in modern medicine? It gives a poor estimation at best, so why use it?

THAT'S MY FUCKING POINT

No one's health can be broken down into two numbers, so why the hell is this broke-ass system so important in modern medicine? It gives a poor estimation at best, so why use it?

What are you talking about? It's not like someone says, "Oh, your BMI is 35. Here's your insulin." Your point is lost on me.

I know it is, you skinny fucker. You've never had to deal with being healthy and having every doctor you go to tell you that you're fat (I am not talking about my current weight).

I've never had to deal with being healthy? I deal with it every day mofo. I got up to like 210. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, but to me, that was unhealthy and fat. I didn't like it, so I knocked off all the crap and lost like 50 pounds. Since then I've stabilized around 170-175.

Have you seen his fat picture? :lol:

XQfdyCS.jpg

I've never had to deal with being healthy? I deal with it every day mofo. I got up to like 210. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings here, but to me, that was unhealthy and fat. I didn't like it, so I knocked off all the crap and lost like 50 pounds. Since then I've stabilized around 170-175.
How did it affect your life? I'm not asking about how it affected how you felt about yourself, I'm asking about how it affected your day to day life?
In my active duty career I had doctors send me to month long healthy living classes solely because of my BMI no less than 7 times over a 3 year span. If I had failed one PT test during that time I would have gotten an Article 15.

I understand that you were not healthy during that time, but that was your weight fucking with you, you haven't had BMI fuck with you.

It's shit.

How did it affect your life? I'm not asking about how it affected how you felt about yourself, I'm asking about how it affected your day to day life?
In my active duty career I had doctors send me to month long healthy living classes solely because of my BMI no less than 7 times over a 3 year span. If I had failed one PT test during that time I would have gotten an Article 15.

I understand that you were not healthy during that time, but that was your weight fucking with you, you haven't had BMI fuck with you.

It's shit.

Who cares how they set the bar? If the military has determined that's how they set it and you weren't meeting it, what's the problem? if I don't meet my goals at work, I get reprimanded too. If it continues, they fire me.

Who cares how they set the bar? If the military has determined that's how they set it and you weren't meeting it, what's the problem? if I don't meet my goals at work, I get reprimanded too. If it continues, they fire me.
The local commander set the bar, no one else. I was passing PT tests with a mid 80%.

Jesus christ.

Can it tubby. No one wants to hear your excuses for having a high BMI.
I'm just surprised his reaction to something that is a bullshit measurement, is supported blindly by an assload of people (including multitudes of shitty doctors), and affects insurance rates is "it's not a big deal, why do you care about it?"