Finally! Some fun!

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
I stepped outside today and took a few moments to smell the flowers. Then I picked up the camera. I also decided I'd to put some effort into them and clean them up a bit before posting (since kiwi's been raising the bar around here!) :p ;)

And this is what I did with my evening. It was so nice to play for a change!

hydra 027.jpg

hydra.JPG

sweet.jpg

hydra 025.jpg

hydra2.jpg

Pandora said:
Do you perfer gloss or matte finish?

edit: and how big do ya want it? :hi2u:

i like matte. and i would love a 5x7, if you think it would come out right. that's a really awesome picture, and i will MAKE you enter it in a contest.

sizzlinggrace said:
i should start taking pictures. im so bored during the day. but i dunno what looks good.

you just have to play. for every 10 you take, you might get one or two good ones. as you play, you develop your eye. it's really fun, and really rewarding. i took one of my daughter at christmas that's now in a final stage of a contest. it's being published in a coffee table book, but it's not that big of a deal because it's a coffee table book that's being made to publish rink-dink pictures like mine. then they sell it for $70 a pop, and suckers buy it. (we're not suckers -- we can go check it out of the library, look at it, and put it back for free.)

but it's fun to see where it might or might not go!

Thorn Bird said:
i like matte. and i would love a 5x7, if you think it would come out right. that's a really awesome picture, and i will MAKE you enter it in a contest.

I love it when you say 'make you'.... :drool:

Oh it will come out just fine. I had to shrink it down like 70%. So there's plenty of picture to print. ;)

Pandora said:
I love it when you say 'make you'.... :drool:

Oh it will come out just fine. I had to shrink it down like 70%. So there's plenty of picture to print. ;)

you like the dominatrix type, eh? i've got a top drawer for that. ;) is that what it's going to take to get that picture submitted? i'll find a contest for it, no problem.

Thorn Bird said:
you just have to play. for every 10 you take, you might get one or two good ones. as you play, you develop your eye. it's really fun, and really rewarding. i took one of my daughter at christmas that's now in a final stage of a contest. it's being published in a coffee table book, but it's not that big of a deal because it's a coffee table book that's being made to publish rink-dink pictures like mine. then they sell it for $70 a pop, and suckers buy it. (we're not suckers -- we can go check it out of the library, look at it, and put it back for free.)

but it's fun to see where it might or might not go!

omg that's so cool :)

may i see the picture?

These are really great. I also agree with Thorn Bird, the second to last one is excellent. Very nice colors and composition.

sizzlinggrace said:
omg that's so cool :)

may i see the picture?

well, sure, but i'll have to get spange to get it to you. i'm computerstupid. and it's not even a brilliant picture. but somebody liked it. i, of course, love it. it's my kid! :)

Thorn Bird said:
well, sure, but i'll have to get spange to get it to you. i'm computerstupid. and it's not even a brilliant picture. but somebody liked it. i, of course, love it. it's my kid! :)

you're posting on a forum! that's more than my mom can do :p

kiwi said:
These are really great. I also agree with Thorn Bird, the second to last one is excellent. Very nice colors and composition.

Why thank you Ms. Kiwi! I've been wanting to take some pics after seeing the one you took of the kiddo in cornstarch. It's just awesome. She almost looked like she was posing it was so perfect! :cool:

well, we should include picture-taking in our list of events for our slumber party. we'll put it after painting our nails but before the pillow fight.

Thorn Bird said:

Yea, and you just need to bring that adorable kid of yours to Utah so I can take pictures of her.