finally kicked my cock habit

I don't like soda unless there's bourbon in it. Other than that I drink water or something watered down (ie: 60% Gatorade 40% water).

I may have to quit drinking which will take smoking with it. I am going to start working out after class the week after next in an effort to save myself from having to upgrade my wardrobe to the X-tra fat.

FlyNavy said:
exactly. artificial sweeteners are far worse for you than actual sugars. your brain interprets the sweetness and your body immediately starts reacting as if it's expecting an influx of sugar and carbs. when it doesn't get what it's expecting things get thrown out of whack

I'm certainly no expert on the subject so I can't possibly remember what the actual series of chemical reactions are that take place but the few personal trainers and certified nutritionists that have brought this up all say the same thing: if you're going to continue drinking soda drink stay away from anything labeled "diet" because those are worse for you and will keep the weight on longer than the regular stuff.

edit: also, sugar isn't bad for you. the human body requires it but the problem is that people tend to overindulge. too little is just as unhealthy as too much so learning what your body needs and taking in the right amount of everything is far better than simply trying to avoid sugar completely. moderation is key :cool:

Diet sodas aren't generically "worse" for you. They still have no caloric energy, and that's what most people drink them for: to lower the calorie content of a meal.

Scientists have experimented with rats in terms of how the artificial sweeteners affect a body's ability to interpret the calorie content of "fake sweet" foods. There is no way to know if any of their findings will translate to people at all, or how. And this applies to the vast majority of sweetener testing since so little actually takes place in humans. Outside of that everything is still up in the air. Even the well known claims of side effects don't apply to everyone, so we simply don't understand their relevance. To say that diet soda sabotages peoples' efforts to lose weight or cause people to retain weight is simply speculation.

Nutritionists don't know anymore than anyone else, but they won't ever say that.

shawndavid said:
I don't like soda unless there's bourbon in it. Other than that I drink water or something watered down (ie: 60% Gatorade 40% water).

I may have to quit drinking which will take smoking with it. I am going to start working out after class the week after next in an effort to save myself from having to upgrade my wardrobe to the X-tra fat.

good luck to you and coqui too

I've been keeping a semi steady effort going for the past 3 months now :)

I kicked the coke habit when I was freshman in college during finals week. I have been caffeine free since. Caffeine is the devil.

Flamer McDickchugger said:
Diet sodas aren't generically "worse" for you. They still have no caloric energy, and that's what most people drink them for: to lower the calorie content of a meal.

Scientists have experimented with rats in terms of how the artificial sweeteners affect a body's ability to interpret the calorie content of "fake sweet" foods. There is no way to know if any of their findings will translate to people at all, or how. And this applies to the vast majority of sweetener testing since so little actually takes place in humans. Outside of that everything is still up in the air. Even the well known claims of side effects don't apply to everyone, so we simply don't understand their relevance. To say that diet soda sabotages peoples' efforts to lose weight or cause people to retain weight is simply speculation.

Nutritionists don't know anymore than anyone else, but they won't ever say that.
:(

i-want-to-believe.jpg

the only cokes i drink are diets,and i try to limit those to one a day. i do drink crystal light too...

i think you ARE screwed any way you look.

I started drinking water to get away from the sugar. Its kind of sureal when you find out that at 20oz coke is almost as many calories that you should eat in a normal meal. I pretty much only drink flavored water now. That is natually flavored water, or with splenda, not the carbonated stuff. It still is listed as caffeine free. I still drink coke but no more than one a day. the rest of the day if I get one it will be diet only.

Luckily I normally dont feel any withdrawal symptoms when I drop caffeine. Last year I stayed away from it for like six months .

shawndavid said:

It would be great if you could quit drinking but you could just stop drinking such dark lagers. Barcardi and diet, they get the job dun

Flamer McDickchugger said:

All of the training given in my hospital leans toward the ideas in Fly Navy's post.

FlyNavy said:
edit: also, sugar isn't bad for you. the human body requires it but the problem is that people tend to overindulge. too little is just as unhealthy as too much so learning what your body needs and taking in the right amount of everything is far better than simply trying to avoid sugar completely. moderation is key :cool:

While true, dextrose and maltodextrin are by far more beneficial than sucrose or fructose