File synchronization software

Recursive indexing? What you need that for?

Parse the source directory structure for the list of all files found in all of the subdirectories. Then parse the target directory structure for all files found in all of those subdirectories. I am assuming you are going to recursively parse those folders to generate the list of files and indexing where in the folder structures the files are located.

Parse the source directory structure for the list of all files found in all of the subdirectories. Then parse the target directory structure for all files found in all of those subdirectories. I am assuming you are going to recursively parse those folders to generate the list of files and indexing where in the folder structures the files are located.

I haven't even thought about it yet..

of course you would loop through them, but the output I haven't figured out what is most useful yet... you want sync'ing done at the same time?

I haven't even thought about it yet..

of course you would loop through them, but the output I haven't figured out what is most useful yet... you want sync'ing done at the same time?

Would be nice.

Shoot, I should just formalize a product requirements spec and ship it to you lol

I better be getting my salad tossed for this...

I'll jimmy something up tonight to get a better look at it..

synctoy: free, works with windows only.
syncback: free, works with windows only, paid versions available as well.

also could use rsync for linux and mount the windows computers over a network via samba.

syncback by 2brightsparks was going to be my recommendation. I've used it for years and for a free program it's great. You can get pretty detailed with the rules of what and how you sync your folders.

I don't have any experience with synctoy.

I better be getting my salad tossed for this...

I'll jimmy something up tonight to get a better look at it..

Oh salads will be tossed, oh yes.

But this is a non-gay thread, so what type of greens and dressing would you like for your salad? :heart:

Oh salads will be tossed, oh yes.

But this is a non-gay thread, so what type of greens and dressing would you like for your salad? :heart:

Bait and switch motherfucker!

I'll work on the duplication part first, then decide about the sync

syncback by 2brightsparks was going to be my recommendation. I've used it for years and for a free program it's great. You can get pretty detailed with the rules of what and how you sync your folders.

I don't have any experience with synctoy.

Syncback is a really nice utility now that I am looking at it, but again it runs into the same issue if the source and destination locations are different.

Good find fly.. After a little reading it seems MediaMonkey will handle duplicates and also do synchronization.