Ontopic FIFA World Cup 2010

Yes. But this is only for extreme situations like this, coupled with video reply reviewing.

I love this sports and I hate seeing it fall apart with people learning to work the rules in their favour.

I'm all for video technology for goals/offside decisions. But I don't think any goals should be arbitrarily awarded just because someone "would have" scored otherwise.

I'm all for video technology for goals/offside decisions. But I don't think any goals should be arbitrarily awarded just because someone "would have" scored otherwise.

Well I do.

If this doesn't happen, you will see people block goals with their hands more often as they become more and more aware of it's worth.

maybe a 2 game suspension for intentional hand blockage of a goal. that's a pretty costly penalty in the world cup

People have always been aware of its worth, you rarely see someone do it though.

Anyhoo we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

People have always known of calling a time out right before the kicker converts a touchdown in the NFL, yet over the last 3 years we've started to see it used more and more.
But this is besides the point. The game is soccer, and you are meant to use your feet, not your hands. FIFA needs to look at ways to discourage this even more as I feel the current in place system does not work well enough.

Having a team knocked out of the World Cup due to a player blocking an obvious goal with his hands is a HUGE fail for FIFA in my opinion.

And yes, I believe we will have to agree to disagree.

I'd say red card, make them play a man down, then kick the guy out for the rest of the tournament. If it's in the semi's or beyond, suspend them until the next world cup.

I only saw the last few minutes. we're talking about the stomp on the forearm, right? it looked painful but I didn't see anything that would indicate breakage