Ontopic FIFA World Cup 2010

When you watch football, what do you tend to focus on?

Football is extremely easy to focus on everything since there's hardly any playing time. Most of it is just watching the guys walk on and off the field, bullshitting on the sideline, and commercials. I think i read somewhere that the average playing time for a standard NFL game is like 13 minutes.

Football is extremely easy to focus on everything since there's hardly any playing time. Most of it is just watching the guys walk on and off the field, bullshitting on the sideline, and commercials. I think i read somewhere that the average playing time for a standard NFL game is like 13 minutes.

Yeah, I read that article too. It made sense except they didn't take into account the time when the play clock is running, which I consider to be part of the action since that's when they are setting up the play. It is an interesting statistic though. The thing I like about American Football is all the strategy and the fact that you do have time to sit there and think "what play would I run at this point in the game?" It's the ultimate in armchair coaching.

It's a shit ton more complicated than you give credit for. When I asked that, I was trying to figure out his mentality. I personally focus on the linemen. This allows me to see plays develop. It's that same mentality that can allow one to enjoy soccer.

It's a shit ton more complicated than you give credit for. When I asked that, I was trying to figure out his mentality. I personally focus on the linemen. This allows me to see plays develop. It's that same mentality that can allow one to enjoy soccer.

I never meant nor implied that American Football is non-complex. I love the game and I'm a big fan. I understand that it's a very unique sport like no other. Yet one must be honest and say that it's not exactly hard to give your utmost attention for 4 - 8 seconds for each play. The play is then analyzed to death straight after.

Actually I think its like 60. IIRC, DirecTV replays all the games and cuts EVERYTHING out but the snaps. Snap to snap takes like an hour to watch.

It must be kind of depressing to be on the US soccer team.

You're a highly trained athlete, you've probably spent most of your life getting to where you are: representing the one country in the world that doesn't care about your sport.

It must be kind of depressing to be on the US soccer team.

You're a highly trained athlete, you've probably spent most of your life getting to where you are: representing the one country in the world that doesn't care about your sport.

MLS grows in popularity every year. The Confederation Cup tournament helped a lot, especially when we almost won it.

darn...if only THIS could be a sport.... if onlyyyyyy

how-to-care-for-a-cat-10.jpg

I could use a nice nap. Enjoy motherhood fucker.