Fifa World Cup 2006 Thread

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
^_^
Marklar
₥5
I'm freakin' sweating balls in my office right now. USA and Ghana just took the field and the USA needs to win this game for even a SHOT at advancing to round 2 (Italy has to beat Czech Republic). I'm going home at 12:30 to meet Hooker Face Slut for a sushi lunch and watch the match (I'm recording it with my DVR). I'm a futbol addict, I freaking bought a big screen just in time for Word Cup :D

Anyone else a fan?

I also support Brazil, England, and Germany

I've been watching each one. I'd like to see the US get through, but they seriously aren't an impressive team. Too old, 2002 was their best chance.

Brazil are still great, though they don't seem to be on form. Fuck England, overrated crap and I'm for Germany to win, they've been playing really good recently.

I've been addicted to football since I was a wee lad in Norway. Played it growing up. I like Germany, Holland, Argentina, and Spain. Lots of good "smaller" teams this year too such as Trinidad and Ghana.

U.S. doesn't stand a chance, by the way. Keller isn't that good and our forwards lack skill. We have good defense and lower midfield though.

eileenbunny said:
I thought I heard that the American team hasn't even scored a goal yet. Didn't they win a game because the other team accidentally kicked the ball in to their own net? This sounds silly to me.
Yes, it was an italian OG.

Galen said:
I've been watching each one. I'd like to see the US get through, but they seriously aren't an impressive team. Too old, 2002 was their best chance.

Brazil are still great, though they don't seem to be on form. Fuck England, overrated crap and I'm for Germany to win, they've been playing really good recently.
For the longest time, my favorite player was Rivaldo, hence my support for Brazil, and I've recently jumped on the Ronaldinho bandwagon. Brazil seems to have lost its traditional high speed field play & show-ie passing and scoring, I think a lot of it has to do with Ronaldo not giving his best effort this year (he's definitely gained weight) he almost looks lazy out there.

If the US can make it to round two, it's just squeeking by. In two games they've had two shots 'on goal', sad. The team does look old, especially Donovan.

I really have no excuse for liking England, I'm not all hung up on Beckham, but I am on Owen - I got a little emotional recently in regards to his tourney ending injury

Last edited:
Galen said:
It generally does, but the world cup brings out the best in them. There's actually a lot of great soccer in it.
I just don't get the sport. I'm a simple American when it comes to sports and soccer has too many possesion changes and not enough scoring.

Galen said:
It generally does, but the world cup brings out the best in them. There's actually a lot of great soccer in it.
I'll watch Champion's League, well I'll watch what they'll put on TV in the states

ceiling fly said:
I just don't get the sport. I'm a simple American when it comes to sports and soccer has too many possesion changes and not enough scoring.
haven't heard that before :lol:

didn't u play back in the day?