FFS Cingular, get your act together

Wren

Flaccid Member
Oct 16, 2006
Marklar
₥0
Wow, I'm about to call my mom and tell her I need a copy of a physical printed receipt to exchange my phone at a Cingular store down here. A phone bought at a Cingular store just Friday, which we were told could be exchanged at any corportate location. Why the fuck isn't the purchase of this phone just recorded on our account?

I understand you need a receipt at a place like Best Buy to return electronics because other stores sell the same item, possibly at lower prices, and they need some evidence that you're not just trying to return something bought elsewhere. But this is different -- first of all, they're the only company to sell this phone in America. And second, they could know exactly when we bought this phone and where, for how much, from who, if they'd just bother to record it on the account.

I'm going to call later and see if there's someone I can complain to about this shit. Hopefully I can get them to pay for the fax and some time cost. :mad:

As a sidenote, what I wouldn't kill for a SLVR L6 that is twice as thick with sheer battery, so it's less likely to snap in half and would last like ... a month between chargings.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Tell me why I should need the receipt for this?

to show you actually purchased it from then instead of getting it from ebay.

Exactly. It doesnt matter that only "they" sell it. You can get cells anywhere. Even if they recorded it on your account you could still buy another one and return it. It's not like cells are individually numbered :tard:

Ever seen someone try to return a half eaten box of cereal that they hot glued shut?

Ok then.

:lol:

Okay, I'm still not sure if you're serious or not about me needing a receipt, but I'm guessing no.

I have worked as a waiter before, and I've seen odd things too. My favorite ones were always my dumbass shift-managers that seemed to be on a permanent revolving door. I remember this guy named Walter trying to sell some lady a frozen pie, but it wasn't supposed to be frozen. It had fucking ice on the top. He says he's going to go thaw it quick, and puts it under the heat lamp in the back, leaving me up front with a kind of "what?" look on my face and a wide-eyed customer.

She asks me if he went to go microwave it and I told her no, the only microwave was up in the server island ... And then asked her if she'd wait while I went and figured out where the damn pie went. Five minutes later he comes back with it and pushes a buterknife down into it (to prove that it's no longer frozen), offers it to her to try herself.

Well of course 3 minutes under a heatlamp didn't thaw more than the top half of an inch, so she pushed the knife herself down into the pie with a horrified look on her face. Then she stares at him, then looks at me and like fuck like I have any idea what to say to her or how to look back. I think I smiled sheepishly. She just threw her hands up and left.

A week later I was working under a guy named Mike instead.

isn't the IMEI number exclusive to every device? simply changing a sticker doesn't change the devices hard coded IMEI

I have worked as a waiter before, and I've seen odd things too. My favorite ones were always my dumbass shift-managers that seemed to be on a permanent revolving door. I remember this guy named Walter trying to sell some lady a frozen pie, but it wasn't supposed to be frozen. It had fucking ice on the top. He says he's going to go thaw it quick, and puts it under the heat lamp in the back, leaving me up front with a kind of "what?" look on my face and a wide-eyed customer.

She asks me if he went to go microwave it and I told her no, the only microwave was up in the server island ... And then asked her if she'd wait while I went and figured out where the damn pie went. Five minutes later he comes back with it and pushes a buterknife down into it (to prove that it's no longer frozen), offers it to her to try herself.

Well of course 3 minutes under a heatlamp didn't thaw more than the top half of an inch, so she pushed the knife herself down into the pie with a horrified look on her face. Then she stares at him, then looks at me and like fuck like I have any idea what to say to her or how to look back. I think I smiled sheepishly. She just threw her hands up and left.

A week later I was working under a guy named Mike instead.
Just for your future reference, I wouldn't use that story as an example of dumbass behavior. It's very bland. I would just think you would have better, more interesting stories than ones about whether a pie is frozen or not.