Few Days Off

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
My wife had me take off the next few days from work so we could leave town and my in-laws were suppose to watch my son for us. We were talking about either Atlanta or Charleston. I didn't care which because I'm burnt out.
She told this morning that as a suprise that she's actually taking my son out of town so they can bond. He's way more attached to me than her and it really upsets her. They are going to a Forest Hostel about an hour and half from here. That way they can do stuff and not be distracted by technology and she's been wanting to take him out in Nature more.
She tricked me so that I would have a few days off from work and away from them. It sounds great. A few days of piece and quiet where I can do anything. I'm looking forward to a day or two without being chained to my timeschedule like I always am. I'm looking so forward to sleeping in and being able to go places without being on guard duty for my son.
My boss asked me this morning if I was still planning on taking a few days off or could I come in and work. I told him hell no. He just got back from Hawaii and my other boss just got back from a cruise. Being married without kid means you can do fun stuff like that, but I haven't been able to even get a few days off for a while. I have over 150 hours of vacation time built up because I normally only take days off when my son is sick or I'm too sick to drive. I fucking deserve a few days to try to regain my sanity.

So what are you guys doing the next few days?

Last edited:
ChikkenNoodul said:
President's Day

For some reason I get it off

I thought only federal jobs still got it off. I still think we should get President's Day off rather than MLK. But it's not PC to say stuff like that.

We offically get St. Pats Day off which most places do not.

ChikkenNoodul said:
President's Day

For some reason I get it off
I get that day off too :)

Sometimes I really like working for a Bank.

edit: to the OP: that's awesome that your wife is helping you get some "me" time in. I love just taking days off of work and doing nothing all day. It's always everything I hope it can be.

Drool-Boy said:
They made that day into our "floating" holiday
I can take it monday or use it some other time.
I may use it monday just for the hell of it
Why not come in, since there will probably be very few people there...

Meeting up with your wife at the Forest Hostel. :p

I'm working. I want some time off too. I had 3 days off in December though...and I took a half day off cause I wasn't feeling well...so if I try to take any time off they're gonna make me feel guilty about it. I think I get Monday off though. Whoo hoo!