WTF Fertilizer Plant Explosion, Waco TX: 70 Dead

Happiness for me is. I love spending money on her. It makes me feel good. She doesn't require it at all, and that makes me want to do it even more. Which is why we're taking two honeymoons.

this... this is strange. I mean, i get surprising people with stuff and that it feels good to see them happy, but it should be a two way street.

I randomly get my girlfriend stuff from her amazon wishlist as a surpise, and its awesome to see how excited she is when it comes. But she does the same for me, or does other things that are nice for me too.

I guess all im saying is equality is what makes something last, not placing one party or the other on a pedestal.

Your words are an old wives tale. All of my married friends still get blowjobs and have active sex lives. They also spend money on their wives, travel, etc. It's a give and take relationship. When one person feels taken care of, the other person will too. Marriage is as fun and as sexy as you make it. Foreplay and reciprocation are pretty much all it takes.

Regarding that first sentence, that's from the male perspective. We just want our wives to be happy. We want to take care of them and be providers. Even if they earn 513.2 times as much money as us. And when the wife feels the same way about her husband, you have an awesome marriage.

It all depends on if the wife uses sex as a punishment/reward or if they use it for the intimacy with the husband.

this... this is strange. I mean, i get surprising people with stuff and that it feels good to see them happy, but it should be a two way street.

I randomly get my girlfriend stuff from her amazon wishlist as a surpise, and its awesome to see how excited she is when it comes. But she does the same for me, or does other things that are nice for me too.

I guess all im saying is equality is what makes something last, not placing one party or the other on a pedestal.

Who said it isn't a two-way street?

I think his intent is that they both place each other on a pedestal.

Sarcasmo... The materialistic machismo

I can be materialistic sometimes. Mostly I just hate it when people are tightwads. I love to spend money on having a good time, and I love doing nice things for my wife. It won't matter how much money you saved by pinching pennies. You're still going to die. And then what?

Btw Sarcasmo... Where is the wedding registry? If there are just diamonds on it then diaf. :)

We have four different ones. They're on the website. Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, Crate and Barrel, and something else. I forget. Target, maybe.

And by the way, I got yelled at putting that thing together, because I included something that cost $150. Apparently that was ridiculous. It was a mini beer keg dispenser. :fly:

Mosly it's just kitchen stuff, bedding, etc.

We have four different ones. They're on the website. Bed Bath and Beyond, Amazon, Crate and Barrel, and something else. I forget. Target, maybe.

And by the way, I got yelled at putting that thing together, because I included something that cost $150. Apparently that was ridiculous. It was a mini beer keg dispenser. :fly:

that sounds real equal. $150 bucks gets you yelled at, but any amount is ok for her :p

What is it with women who object to putting high priced items on a registry? My wife was the same way. If someone wants to buy it, then let them. If they don't, then eventually you'll get it for yoruself.

I think his intent is that they both place each other on a pedestal.

I'm making it sound worse than it is. We don't just throw money at each other. I simply don't have a problem doing so if I feel it's for something worth while. She is MUCH more tight fisted than me and I get lectured on occasion. Her friends call me her trophy husband. When it comes down to it I actually make better financial decisions than she does, though. Because I will spend 5 hours researching something instead of just reading a few Yelp reviews or message boards.

I can be materialistic sometimes. Mostly I just hate it when people are tightwads. I love to spend money on having a good time, and I love doing nice things for my wife. It won't matter how much money you saved by pinching pennies. You're still going to die. And then what?

I don't want to work until retirement age, so being a tightwad can pay off.

But I agree with you.

:heart:

What is it with women who object to putting high priced items on a registry? My wife was the same way. If someone wants to buy it, then let them. If they don't, then eventually you'll get it for yoruself.

That's pretty much word-for-word what I said. She rolled her eyes, if I remember correctly. She's very Emily Post about what is and isn't proper, and apparently Man Cave stuff isn't proper. You should've seen her expression when I suggested a cash bar to save money. (it was a joke)

That's pretty much word-for-word what I said. She rolled her eyes, if I remember correctly. She's very Emily Post about what is and isn't proper, and apparently Man Cave stuff isn't proper. You should've seen her expression when I suggested a cash bar to save money. (it was a joke)

You are in for a lifetime of suffering and regret.