feminism

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
so i'm researching a new coupon organizer, and in the process of, i found a very interesting website. it's ladiesagainstfeminism.org, and i was intrigued. finding this site led me to wonder what you fine ladies, AND gents, think of feminism vs. antifeminism.

what do you think about this quote:

In fact, to be antifeminist is simply to accept that men and women differ and rely on each other to be different, and to view the differences as among the things constituting human life that should be reflected where appropriate in social attitudes and institutions. By feminist standards all societies have been thoroughly sexist. It follows that to be antifeminist is only to abandon the bigotry of a present-day ideology that sees traditional relations between the sexes as simply a matter of domination and submission, and to accept the validity of the ways in which human beings have actually dealt with sex, children, family life and so on. Antifeminism is thus nothing more than the rejection of one of the narrow and destructive fantasies of an age in which such things have been responsible for destruction and murder on an unprecedented scale. It is opening oneself to the reality of things.

i'm really curious to see what kind of discussion unfolds here.

I'm not huge on feminisim. If it is that important to promote your sex/gender as superior then you are a loser. LOSER.

LAH HOOOOOOOO SER.

You cant be anti-feminist if you think the entire concept of feminism is bogus (like myself). ^__^

I do treat some women as equals, but the vast majority cant handle it or think it's rude.

My only beef with feminism is that it doesn't promote equality. For example, feminists do not want to be treated as equals in the workplace; they want to be paid as equals - deservedly so - but they want to be treated with additional political correctness. A man cannot tell the same dirty joke to his coworkers is a female coworker is present.

There are distinct mental, physical, and emotional differences between men and women. The differences vary depending on the individuals in question but they are still there and on average pronounced enough to significantly dictate the course of certain events. No woman should ever feel locked into a role because she was born female but at the same time she should never be made to feel traitorous to her gender if she chooses to be a homemaker.

I think feminism simply says women can CHOOSE whether or not they want to tend the house/raise kids. I think that sums it up, as far as I understand feminism. Meh.

Drool-Boy said:
I dont care as long as the bitch makes my dinner and iron my shirts afore I black dat eye again.

you cry at night because the statement above couldn't be further from the truth, and it pisses you off. :D

FlyNavy said:
`snip`
No woman should ever feel locked into a role because she was born female but at the same time she should never be made to feel traitorous to her gender if she chooses to be a homemaker.
An extension of that is there are some things women simply can (as in 'able') not do. In general things where a small stature, less physical strength, delicate emotional personality are incompatible with the nature of the task. Of course not all of these apply to all women but some do to at least all of them.

*puts on nomex* :D

Drool-Boy said:
I dont care as long as the bitch makes my dinner and iron my shirts afore I black dat eye again.
hahaha

i actually cook 95% of the meals at my place because I love doing it, and my wife sucks at it. Personally I think feminism is great for the workplace and all, ut at home it doesn't matter, as long as the couple (gay, straight, whatever) can agree on roles/responsibilities if needed, or share them if they wish, as long as stuff gets done.

FlyNavy said:
My only beef with feminism is that it doesn't promote equality. For example, feminists do not want to be treated as equals in the workplace; they want to be paid as equals - deservedly so - but they want to be treated with additional political correctness. A man cannot tell the same dirty joke to his coworkers is a female coworker is present.

There are distinct mental, physical, and emotional differences between men and women. The differences vary depending on the individuals in question but they are still there and on average pronounced enough to significantly dictate the course of certain events. No woman should ever feel locked into a role because she was born female but at the same time she should never be made to feel traitorous to her gender if she chooses to be a homemaker.

Well put sir.

I think in the past there was a call for feminism to be what it is with the strong women rejecting the role of housewife and encouraging others to do the same. I think that time is over though. We can vote, we can go to work and do any job a man can do, and we can expect to get paid the same regardless of our sex. I'm sure it doesn't always work that way, but I optimistically assume it's the case. I hate it when a women shuns me for wanting to take care of my hard-working husband.

I also think that part of the reason family values have taken a turn for the worse is that kids are not growing up with the constant attention of at least one parent. Having a stay at home mom was great and I wish more people had this background. I didn't need pre-school to teach me my alphabet, numbers and colors. I had a mom to do all that. I learned social skills by going outside and playing with other kids. Going out into the world after being given such a strong base with such amazing parents is rare these days. I think I'm one of the luckiest people alive for just that fact. I hope if I have children I can provide the same for them.

FlyNavy said:
My only beef with feminism is that it doesn't promote equality. For example, feminists do not want to be treated as equals in the workplace; they want to be paid as equals - deservedly so - but they want to be treated with additional political correctness.

Word. Is it fair, or even right, or safe that a female trying to become a firefighter takes a different, easier test, than a man does? That's how it works here, and it makes me hope i don't have a fire.

tre said:
Word. Is it fair, or even right, or safe that a female trying to become a firefighter takes a different, easier test, than a man does? That's how it works here, and it makes me hope i don't have a fire.
That's what happens when you make decisions based on feelings instead of logic. Logic never being a strong point within any leftist movement, viz., affirmative action.

Thorn Bird said:
you cry at night because the statement above couldn't be further from the truth, and it pisses you off. :D
eh..no
no crying and no being pissed
That was one of them there joke thingys
Ill warn ya next time ones comin up there darlin

Drool-Boy said:
eh..no

i knew you were joking. you'd never wear an ironed shirt.

Drool-Boy said:
eh..no
ahahahahahahahahabiteme. and reread my comment. :fly:

tre said:

Wow, that is really sad. Where I come from, if you are a girl and want to be a firefighter, you have to do all the same things the guys do with the same speed and agility. If you can't, then you can't be a firefighter. They put the physical requirements on the job application. I know a lot of guys who can't do it either. I also hope you don't have a fire. I wonder what it's like where I currently live.

eileenbunny said:
Wow, that is really sad. Where I come from, if you are a girl and want to be a firefighter, you have to do all the same things the guys do with the same speed and agility. If you can't, then you can't be a firefighter. They put the physical requirements on the job application. I know a lot of guys who can't do it either. I also hope you don't have a fire. I wonder what it's like where I currently live.
and that's how it should be, but here in Canada, as a white male, I could be the best applicant for a job by far, but not get it because I'm not a visible minority.

Krazed said:
I think feminism simply says women can CHOOSE whether or not they want to tend the house/raise kids. I think that sums it up, as far as I understand feminism. Meh.
That's what it used to be. These days feminism is more often associated with militant man-hating. Like many other noble movements it's been corrupted.

FlamingGlory said:
An extension of that is there are some things women simply can (as in 'able') not do. In general things where a small stature, less physical strength, delicate emotional personality are incompatible with the nature of the task. Of course not all of these apply to all women but some do to at least all of them.

*puts on nomex* :D
If a woman can meet the physical and mental requirements there's no reason she shouldn't be able to do it.

Last edited:
eileenbunny said:
Well put sir.

I think in the past there was a call for feminism to be what it is with the strong women rejecting the role of housewife and encouraging others to do the same. I think that time is over though. We can vote, we can go to work and do any job a man can do, and we can expect to get paid the same regardless of our sex. I'm sure it doesn't always work that way, but I optimistically assume it's the case. I hate it when a women shuns me for wanting to take care of my hard-working husband.

I also think that part of the reason family values have taken a turn for the worse is that kids are not growing up with the constant attention of at least one parent. Having a stay at home mom was great and I wish more people had this background. I didn't need pre-school to teach me my alphabet, numbers and colors. I had a mom to do all that. I learned social skills by going outside and playing with other kids. Going out into the world after being given such a strong base with such amazing parents is rare these days. I think I'm one of the luckiest people alive for just that fact. I hope if I have children I can provide the same for them.
True. Though I also don't see anything wrong with the dad staying home and raising the kids if the mom has a more profitable career. :cool:

tre said:
I know a couple of F-16 pilots from when I was a kid and I remember the best damn one was a woman. One of the first, actually. She's probably going to be flying the next generation space vehicles. Most importantly, she met the exact same requirements as everyone else. Equality has only one meaning.

Last edited: