Feigned Helpessness

I say. Look in the back of the machine for the large white sticker with a bardcode on it. and read off the number. it's the Only white sticker on the whole damn case. and the number is only 8 letters. how hard could that be?

lemon_fresh said:
But if she asked me to read a frikkin label to her I think I could handle it. Hell if it came down to it I'd photo copy the label and send her that. I'm not asking him to look for something in his registry or rebuild hi IP stack. I want the f'ing serial number. You know the number that has S/N in front of it.

Just watch it cause your gonna feel like a real jackass if it got peeled off and/or wore over time ;)

Only thing I am saying is that you have to show patients especially if you are in the business. I work as a go between at my job from our IT staff to the owners(basically tom spicoski from office space). The IT staff cant stand talking to the owners cause they dont understand and the owners cant stand hearing the IT staff talk. I basically know enough about IT and have also run a similar company before so have the people skills. In my job I have to use nothing but patients with both sides so I think I have built up a tolerance

What you don't seem to realize is that you encounter lazy people in almost any service job you can have. Remember the scene in Clerks where they complain about the stupid questions people ask? And that's certainly not brain surgery, it's a convenience store. Nothing complicated there. It's just that there are people like this out there, lots of them. It's not worth getting upset about.

eileenbunny said:
What you don't seem to realize is that you encounter lazy people in almost any service job you can have. Remember the scene in Clerks where they complain about the stupid questions people ask? And that's certainly not brain surgery, it's a convenience store. Nothing complicated there. It's just that there are people like this out there, lots of them. It's not worth getting upset about.
You're absolutely right.

When I first started working at the doctor's office... I had no idea what I was doing, I sold beds for a living before this... so of course the ladies in the office here had to teach me everything.

So I learned.

Then within 2 months of me being hired, the very same ladies who taught me how to do things were coming to me asking me how to do the very same things they had taught me to do... which they had been doing for 20+ years themselves... all of a sudden since I knew how to do these tasks, they had forgotten.

And so it's gone for the past 6 years.

Nobody in this office knows how to do anything, even though they are the ones who taught me in the first place.

*sigh*

I admit, I probably have irritated my accountant on numerous occasions. I know I've asked her several time how to correct something in the system. mind you, it'll be months/ years inbetween asking her.

My excuse, I honestly have a poor memory. It usually takes something dramatic to stick in th' ol' clockwork. If I don't do something constantly, the new info pushes out the old. I think I dropped myself on the head one too many times as a kid. Oh, how I loved to jump on the bed ...and unintentionally hit my head on the dresser, repeatedly. :drool:

Edited to make sense. I humbly apologize, folks.