Feeling less than human isn't all it's cracked up to be

Does he have power of attorney?

In Ohio, technically, my parent's can trump his power of attorney because they are "real family". There are cases of this already. That's partly not because of homosexuality but that family is stronger than power of attorney. Of course Ohio does not recognize homosexual relationships so this cases loses even easier in court.

It's not marriage, per se.

The worry is that is just the starting point.

What other rights can be removed? Technically hospital visitation or adoption rights are not a high enough priority to be a fundimental right so those might be even easier to remove. The president has been set because of this case. Other states are starting this and winning with it.

I suppose so, I don't think it means that things will be going downhill, I think if you give it a couple more years you'll have equal rights. The world is going towards that kind of policy anyway (the Western world I mean). Hopefully these decisions can be reversed, but these kinds of changes in attitudes take a long time as you know.

In mean time you should seriously think about emigrating to germany or somewhere equally as lovely. :)

Seems to me that everyone is gay these days, so it should just be a matter of weeks before all of this changes.

It's impossible for me to be gay in light of all the delicious women in the world with ankles and legs and hips and abdomens and lower backs and shoulders and necks and clavicles and boobs and chins and ears and fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

It's impossible for me to be gay in light of all the delicious women in the world with ankles and legs and hips and abdomens and lower backs and shoulders and necks and clavicles and boobs and chins and ears and fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

I like how this started with ankles and ended with ears. ankles and ears :drool:

technically speaking it's against the law to have oral sex. or wear high heels in public. there are many laws out there that are ridiculous, and yet they don't stop people from living. and from enjoying living.

i quite understand that it's not fair and the words are unjust. but i don't think i would want to waste all my energy and passion on trying to change the words. i'd be more interested in having the determination to live my passion and change the eyes of the hands holding the pen. let your love, your life, yourself, speak volumes. it will come and embrace in its own (over)due time. and it will be sweet. but don't let these laws actually exist in your life.
:heart: :heart: dave, you are too kind and too smart and too passionate to allow this to absorb your energy. :heart: :heart: i'm not saying don't do anything...but do what you can with hope and patience and don't allow this monster to consume you. :heart: :heart:

That sucks dave, I don't get the whole big deal with marraige, but maybe that's because if I wanted to marry then I could do. You could always come live in Europe and tie the knot, we'd love to have you join us :heart:

*hugs*

oh right because we allow gay marriage now?

Civil partnership, same rights. All round Europe you can have gay marriages.

fag/

not marriage.

europe isn't keen on gay marriage either. very few places allow or entertain the idea of allowing it.

technically speaking it's against the law to have oral sex. or wear high heels in public. there are many laws out there that are ridiculous, and yet they don't stop people from living. and from enjoying living.
Keep in mind people just this week are getting arrested and/or fired for being a homosexual or exercising a homosexual relationship (not even in a sexual context). These laws of high heels are never enforced, making them look superfluous. The homosexual laws ARE getting enforced, making them real.

i quite understand that it's not fair and the words are unjust. but i don't think i would want to waste all my energy and passion on trying to change the words. i'd be more interested in having the determination to live my passion and change the eyes of the hands holding the pen. let your love, your life, yourself, speak volumes. it will come and embrace in its own (over)due time. and it will be sweet. but don't let these laws actually exist in your life.
:heart: :heart: dave, you are too kind and too smart and too passionate to allow this to absorb your energy. :heart: :heart: i'm not saying don't do anything...but do what you can with hope and patience and don't allow this monster to consume you. :heart: :heart:

My anger and my concern is not just for me and my situation. Rather it is for those other people in situations where they cannot see the person they love in a hospital or they cannot claim inheritance because the family can trump power of attorney or even wills.

Wow, what a difference one word makes.

Not.

Yes it does, actually.

The "Civil Partnership" title for a couple joined by the local magistrates in the UK is only enforceable in the UK. No where else on the earth is that relationship recognized.

However, a marriage, using the proper term "marriage" is recognized in more than 7 countries and even multiple US states.

The title "marriage" is much more portable worldwide that civil unions, civil partnerships, domestic partnerships, or any other "separate, but equal" title.

Keep in mind people just this week are getting arrested and/or fired for being a homosexual or exercising a homosexual relationship (not even in a sexual context). These laws of high heels are never enforced, making them look superfluous. The homosexual laws ARE getting enforced, making them real.

where did this happen?

and i definitely see where there's a real problem when it actually takes a play into your life. it's one thing that is states "no high heels" but another when they come to arrest me for wearing them. i totally get that. and i would fight then. and be passionate about it because that's the way i am.
i hate all of it.

where did this happen?

Tenn just a couple months ago for the firing. There was a case in Ohio about the will thing a couple of years ago. The family was vengeful and hated their son was gay and sought expensive lawyers to fight for the finances bestowed to the "husband" in the will and won.