Feeling less than human isn't all it's cracked up to be

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_11868643

So it was proven in CA that even upgrading a homosexual to a "suspect" class of person (why exactly the phrase suspect is used makes no sense to me) rights can be voted away because they are not significant enough of a human to warrent full protection of "fundimental" rights (that ironically were already given out). What other rights that are not "fundimental" can be so easily removed?

Now the feds aren't accepting relationships of a homosexual nature. Apparently they aren't real or aren't worth counting. That would give visibility and validity :rolleyes: Apparently those "marriages" in Mass and CT are just for show and don't really count. Actually for the census, they don't.

So relationships exercising the whole purpose of "same-sex attraction", the definition of homosexuality, are not recognized and rights can be taken away from that pairing seemingly on a whim.

Why do people need to be married and recognized? Why aren't we okay with just having a solid commitment to another person? Zac and I are completely happy and it is beneficial to not be married when buying a house and picking up first time homebuyers deals twice. Well in relationships were kids aren't involved. I can see how that can get complicated.

Why do people need to be married and recognized? Why aren't we okay with just having a solid commitment to another person? Zac and I are completely happy and it is beneficial to not be married when buying a house and picking up first time homebuyers deals twice. Well in relationships were kids aren't involved. I can see how that can get complicated.

Because you have the option to . . . I completely believe that homosexuals should be able to get married.

CA was the worst because the ruling in May upgraded homosexuality to a suspect class, meant for protection from discrimination. The US federal Supreme Court declared marriage a fundimental right to all citizens. Then by a simple majority vote on a ballot that was placed on there by a private organization that fundimental right was removed.

The worry is that is just the starting point.

What other rights can be removed? Technically hospital visitation or adoption rights are not a high enough priority to be a fundimental right so those might be even easier to remove. The president has been set because of this case. Other states are starting this and winning with it.

The only person that can make you feel less than human is you.

Nope. One trait of humanity is relationships with others. Straight people that ignore or physically hate a homosexual, or others reducing a same-sex relationship as a temporary phase or something that should be shunned and to be disassociated from. There are all parts of your being that you see on a daily basis IRL or even on news. If you have flawed relationships, you feel flawed. If people do not relate to you because of who you are, you are indeed less than human.

Marriage was a plot by the first woman to drive the first man to hysterics and ultimately submissive despair.

CA was the worst because the ruling in May upgraded homosexuality to a suspect class, meant for protection from discrimination. The US federal Supreme Court declared marriage a fundimental right to all citizens. Then by a simple majority vote on a ballot that was placed on there by a private organization that fundimental right was removed.

What other rights can be removed? Technically hospital visitation or adoption rights are not a high enough priority to be a fundimental right so those might be even easier to remove. The president has been set because of this case. Other states are starting this and winning with it.

Just playing devils advocate, but how often do hospitals say you can't visit someone in the hospital? I've never had that problem seeing friends of friends in the hospital. Hospitals usually don't care.

I'm all for everyone having equal rights, but unfortunately our government is still immature. Thomas Jefferson would be flipping out at this injustice. Slavery was a big deal back then and he was for abolishing it in the name of equality.

Nope. One trait of humanity is relationships with others. Straight people that ignore or physically hate a homosexual, or others reducing a same-sex relationship as a temporary phase or something that should be shunned and to be disassociated from. There are all parts of your being that you see on a daily basis IRL or even on news. If you have flawed relationships, you feel flawed. If people do not relate to you because of who you are, you are indeed less than human.

I disagree. The world is what we make of it. Adjust your attitude to the world and you would be surprised.

I'm not trying to nitpick I worry that you are unhappy and I don't want that for you.

Just playing devils advocate, but how often do hospitals say you can't visit someone in the hospital? I've never had that problem seeing friends of friends in the hospital. Hospitals usually don't care.

I'm all for everyone having equal rights, but unfortunately our government is still immature. Thomas Jefferson would be flipping out at this injustice. Slavery was a big deal back then and he was for abolishing it in the name of equality.

Here they do. If I was in the hospital going in for surgury, chim couldn't see me in the ER. It depends, obviously, on the severity, but if I was in the ICU, he would at least be stopped and questioned.

That sucks dave, I don't get the whole big deal with marraige, but maybe that's because if I wanted to marry then I could do. You could always come live in Europe and tie the knot, we'd love to have you join us :heart:

*hugs*

It's not marriage, per se.