Feel My Genitals News Stories Only

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
I stopped watching the news long ago because it was not enjoyable anymore to keep up on current negative events.

But I love coming across stories like this, chokes me up that there are people like this out there. Makes me want to be a better person.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...shiner-donates-200k-in-tips-to-kids-hospital/

A lot of us “talk” about what we’d like to do to help others, if we only had the time or the money. How much we could do to make the world a better world, “if we only had … ”You should meet Albert Lexie. I did. He is one of the most impressive human beings I’ve ever met and I’ve met a few folk over the years.
Albert Lexie is 71. He is a shoeshine man. It is the only job he has ever had. He started when he was 15. Albert is the kind of man you might see at the mall and walk past. Or get a glimpse of him on the street and avoid making eye contact.
Albert has been described to me as “developmentally disabled.” He is painfully shy. There is a childlike innocence to this kind man.
abc_albert_lexie_jef_130613_wblog.jpg
(Image Credit: ABC News)

But Albert Lexie has donated more than $200,000 to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh. It’s his tip money. For the past 36 years, Albert has taken every dime of his tip money from shining shoes and donated the cash to the charity of his choice. He got the idea watching telethons.
We interviewed several people at Children’s Hospital about Albert. Most had tears in their eyes and a smile on their faces. As one person described it, “Albert has only one skill: shining shoes. And he gives it everything he has.”
Albert considers that “one skill” a gift from God. Albert is a man of faith and says it demands that whatever gift or gifts God gives him, he is obligated and rejoicing for the opportunity to share it.
Albert’s only regret: He is not able to open a large chain of shoeshine shops across the country, which would enable him to give more. He has one shoeshine cart a friend (customer) built for him. It was an upgrade from the shoeshine box he carried on his shoulder for years.
So, 1 skill PLUS 1 shoeshine box PLUS 1 shoeshine man EQUALS $200,659 and counting.
Albert shines shoes at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh every Tuesday and Thursday. He leaves his home before the sun comes up, usually about 4:30 a.m.
He doesn’t own a car so he takes the bus. Ninety minutes and two bus rides later, Albert arrives at the hospital to use his one skill to make a living and make life better for people (children mostly) he will never meet.
So what’s that about you don’t have the time or the money to help someone else? Two words and one thought. Albert Lexie. Serve where you stand.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=21248788

Blind man fainted and fell onto tracks in a subway, his seeing eye dog jumped down, tried to wake him and huddled with him while the train passed overhead
That was good until this part:

The lab will be 11 on Jan. 5, and will be retiring soon, Williams said. His medical benefits will cover a new guide dog but won't pay for a non-working dog, so he'll be looking for a good home for Orlando.
If he had the money, Williams said, "I would definitely keep him."

:(

That was good until this part

There are groups that do help out those with retired guide dogs. I know my friend had one re-homed to a place that didn't have a lot of thunderstorms because their dog started freaking out with that. Not easy but there are people who want them, just like there are people who raise the puppies for a year or so prior to them being trained.

That's the only bad thing about guide dogs, they do have a "short working life" because by the time they get to the person they are usually at least 2 years old. So you get about 7-8 years out of them.

Anyway I'm sure the dog will have a great home or some group will help out to keep him happy.

I am sure there is already a fund started to let him pay to keep the dog, go donate
I'm going to go all "amstel" on this, but if you really want to keep the dog you would do anything for it right? Even if you're blind/poor you'd find a way to keep it without jumping to the conclusion you need to give it away?

It seems odd. Lots of homeless people have dogs.

Okay since you said it, I thought the same thing. Unless the dog has a slew of health issues, the cost of feeding a dog isn't *that* much.

The cynic in me says he is playing the disabled card and hoping for some extra money.

Being blind does not mean you cannot work or are automatically poor. In fact out of all the blind people I know (oddly know quite a few) only one doesn't work but she only quit working after having her first kid to stay at home.

I'm going to go all "amstel" on this, but if you really want to keep the dog you would do anything for it right? Even if you're blind/poor you'd find a way to keep it without jumping to the conclusion you need to give it away?

He might just not have room for two dogs...

Weren't you the one arguing about not jumping to conclusions?
I have no clue how the insurance system treats working dogs, also have no clue about his situation.

Room? Really? Don't make excuses for the guy.

I might point out you are trashing your feel good thread.

Seeing eye dogs tend to be bigger breeds. I can understand not having room for two bigger dogs. I used to have three, each one had their own lazy-boy.

I have no clue how the insurance system treats working dogs, also have no clue about his situation.
All I am trying to say is that it is odd and suspicious. Your story sucked at the end. You lose a point!
I might point out you are trashing your feel good thread.

Seeing eye dogs tend to be bigger breeds. I can understand not having room for two bigger dogs. I used to have three, each one had their own lazy-boy.
Sounds like an excuse to me. If you really want something, you make it happen. He appears to not really want to keep the dog that badly.

All I am trying to say is that it is odd and suspicious. Your story sucked at the end. You lose a point!

Sounds like an excuse to me. If you really want something, you make it happen. He appears to not really want to keep the dog that badly.

He wants the dog, but he needs a working dog. You want 10 more cats and a couple puppies, you need to not drive fly crazy.
Hierarchy of needs.

:fly:

His medical benefits will cover a new guide dog but won't pay for a non-working dog, so he'll be looking for a good home for Orlando.
If he had the money, Williams said, "I would definitely keep him."

It didn't appear she was jumping to conclusions.

your guy said he'd keep the dog if he had the money. I think there's lots of things lots of people would do 'if they had the money.'

that shoeshine man had the money.

http://www.wiscnews.com/news/local/article_02a54429-947a-5aeb-887a-1a8ca27709f7.html

Reactions ranged from tears to skepticism when a handful of customers were told their layaway items at Beaver Dam Wal-Mart, 120 Frances Lane, had been paid for by an anonymous donor.

It started on Wednesday, Dec. 4, when a Good Samaritan walked into the Beaver Dam Wal-Mart, and anonymously gave $1,300 toward the layaway purchases of 13 families. The layaways were all items for children.

Jessie Clifton was taken by surprise. She’s worked at Wal-Mart as a sales associate since July.
“People use layaway for many reasons. Some have no credit, some don’t have all the cash on hand so they leave the item here. Some just like that there is no interest on the payments,” Clifton said.

Still, Clifton was impressed with the act of generosity.

“People cancel or get rid of items on layaway this time of year,” she said. “You can tell they’re disappointed. Maybe this will be an inspiration to others. This person is a Good Samaritan.”
Reaction came less than 24 hours later when Crystal Pritchard of Beaver Dam checked on her layaway purchase.

“They told me I only owed $2.04. I was in disbelief. I started crying,” she said.

Pritchard said her layaway items were for her children. Items included two Furbys, one for her 9-year-old daughter and one for her 5-year-old son.

“Not only did this stranger make my holiday season, but they are also responsible for my children getting what they wanted more than anything,” Pritchard said. “I was going to give the Furbys as a gift from Santa, but have decided that I will actually tell my kids the story of just how they received them so that they know what true generosity is.”