Fear or, What are you afraid of?

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥20,400
Im not really afraid of anything, as at least one person who knows me will point out but...

Drowning in a cave. Water levels rise and rise while you continue to explore. After a couple hours you decide it's about time to head home so you check your air. You start swimming back. Going through a tight space you bump your light and it goes off but you keep moving because you know the cave fairly well. After a couple minutes you hit it and it comes back on so you look around. Suddenly you dont notice anything familiar and start to worry but you keep going.

By now you realize you should be back. You check your air again and it's running out fast. So you come up in an air pocket in the cave, you light goes out again. The tide continues to come in and you start to panic...

3 weeks later another diver finds a lone body floating in the cave. After dragging it back they notice the fingertips are worn down to bone from where the person tried to claw their way out of the rock...

In other news, anyone have OED access they'd like to share?

I can't say I have a fear of any sort... not for myself at least, but most certainly for the well-weing of my girlfriend.

Galen said:
I can't say I have a fear of any sort... not for myself at least, but most certainly for the well-weing of my girlfriend.
Mm, it helps having something abstract and well defined. I probably lack alot of common sense fear (wandering around large cities after dark etc) because nothing ever happens to me but meh.

I knew I shouldnt have buried that OED access in there

FlamingGlory said:
Mm, it helps having something abstract and well defined. I probably lack alot of common sense fear (wandering around large cities after dark etc) because nothing ever happens to me but meh.

I knew I shouldnt have buried that OED access in there
OED? Oxidation Enhanced Diffusion?

Galen said:
OED? Oxidation Enhanced Diffusion?
Oxford English Dictionary :cool:

And the only thing you have to fear for your g/f is her choice of words in various situations ;)

That's a disturbing story.

I'm afriad of a lot of things. If I had to say one thing, I'd say pain. Pain is what I fear most.

I was on the Harley last night with Ryan and we got on the highway and headed toward Wisconsin, I almost had a panic attack. Doing 70 miles per hour with nothing between you and the road and knowing that one bump and you'd be grated like cheese kinda freaked me out a little.

I have a fear of clowns. As a child, I was at a birthday party with a clown, who proceeded to have a heart attack. There's nothing quite like seeing a clown carried out on a stretcher into an ambulance when you're 6.

fartslinger said:
I have a fear of clowns. As a child, I was at a birthday party with a clown, who proceeded to have a heart attack. There's nothing quite like seeing a clown carried out on a stretcher into an ambulance when you're 6.

what about clownheads in mayo jars?
:hi2u:

fartslinger said:
kkfo9.jpeg

I have a debilitating fear of heights. I once went on a mockup of the Eiffel Tower at Busch Gardens (in VA, I think) and almost had a panic attack. I was sure the thing was going to come tumbling down, even though I knew that it really wouldn't.

And here is reason number 3,457 that I should not ever go scuba diving.

I'm terrified of failure, quite literally.

I fear all kinds of things, but the only thing that can paralyze me is heights.

I'm afraid of heights and deep water. I can't stand on the edge of a cliff like some people, or ride in small boats in the ocean. I grew up on the North Sea, and I've seen how evil it can get.