Fear or, What are you afraid of?

I don't like wood ticks. I don't necessarily fear them so much as I cry when one touches me.

I used to be afraid of IMAX theaters. I was afraid I'd fall down the stairs and into the abyss that was the screen.

FlamingGlory said:
Im not really afraid of anything, as at least one person who knows me will point out but...

Drowning in a cave. Water levels rise and rise while you continue to explore. After a couple hours you decide it's about time to head home so you check your air. You start swimming back. Going through a tight space you bump your light and it goes off but you keep moving because you know the cave fairly well. After a couple minutes you hit it and it comes back on so you look around. Suddenly you dont notice anything familiar and start to worry but you keep going.

By now you realize you should be back. You check your air again and it's running out fast. So you come up in an air pocket in the cave, you light goes out again. The tide continues to come in and you start to panic...

3 weeks later another diver finds a lone body floating in the cave. After dragging it back they notice the fingertips are worn down to bone from where the person tried to claw their way out of the rock...

In other news, anyone have OED access they'd like to share?

You're a cave diver? Who's your cert thorugh? :hi2u:

theacoustician said:
If its a female and its implying I'm responsible, no.

So if Pandora told you that, you'd flip out? You'd make a great dad so I don't see what the big deal is.

Sarcasmo said:
So if Pandora told you that, you'd flip out? You'd make a great dad so I don't see what the big deal is.

"You suck kid. You can't even finish the first race in Mario Kart. You are a disgrace to our family name."

*gurgle spitup*

"And you smell too..."

smileynev said:
"You suck kid. You can't even finish the first race in Mario Kart. You are a disgrace to our family name."

*gurgle spitup*

"And you smell too..."

"Here's to you dad, and all those wonderful moments we shared."

*rolls wheelchair down stairs*

I'm not sure what I'm afraid of. Except maybe horror movies. I'm not into those at all. I would love to scuba dive all over the globe and go sky diving though, someday...

Sarcasmo said:
Yeah, that was me. Until it happened. It's awesome, though.

Ditto. Kids are great, we'll my kid is, the stupid kids that live in the apartments across the street and insist on trashing everything in our condo complex aren't so great. :rolleyes:

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I had no idea other people suffered from this fear too :(
It's a terrible one to have, that's for sure

Oh yeah, it's very real for me. I spend at least a couple of hours per week feeling bad for myself that I'm going to fail at one thing or another.

kiwi said:
Ditto. Kids are great, we'll my kid is, the stupid kids that live in the apartments across the street and insist on trashing everything in our condo complex aren't so great. :rolleyes:

Truth.

I once had to tell the little bastards to get off of the roof of one of the townhomes that were still under construction. They had crossed the street, come into our complex, and climbed a ladder that was (irresponsibly) left by the construction company to the roof of the building. Had one of those idiots fallen off our HOA could've easily been sued. Had I done something like that as a kid I would probably still be unconcious from the whooping my dad would give me.

Last edited:
KNYTE said:
Oh yeah, it's very real for me. I spend at least a couple of hours per week feeling bad for myself that I'm going to fail at one thing or another.

Truth.

I once had to tell the little bastards to get off of the roof of one of the townhomes that were still under construction. They had crossed the street, come into our complex, and climbed a ladder that was (irresponsibly) left by the construction company to the roof of the building. Had one of those idiots fallen off our HOA could've easily been sued. Had I done something like that as a kid I would probably still be unconcious from the whooping my dad would give me.

Shoulda just shot him. With gloves on, of course.

smileynev said:
Shoulda just shot him. With gloves on, of course.

That's it! Someone call Nev's wife and tell her that the mink wanking gloves he ordered are on back order until they find some more road kill.