Ontopic FBK Let's Crash The Meetup

Relax. Duchess. I''m a 50 year old father, husband, and business owner.
The only thing I'm likely to burn down is my bank account buying booze for these yahoos.

Don't get me wrong, you can burn down all of Ohio for all I care. I was just pointing out that there's a couple here that might give a shit. Fuck Ohio.

Well I'm tired.
Put in two massive overtime days, making bank yo.
My cab can't do any more mountain runs.
Went to Little Switzerland yesterday and the transmission wasn't happy.
It went into failsafe twice on the run.
Gonna be time for a rebuild soon.
If there's anything I hate more than an HVAC repair bill it's the mumbo jumbo a transmission shop spews just before they say "$3000.00".

Maybe it's like my Turdus where some genius thought it would be a good idea to put the speed sensor and it's wiring so close to the exhaust manifold you can't squeeze your hand between them. Then it gets burned up. Then the computer doesn't know how fast you're going. Then it can't tell the transmission what to do. Or worse yet, gets faulty readings and tells it to do shit like start out in overdrive or downshift into 1st at 60mph.

I'd like to find the fucker who did this and punch him. Twice. With a rock in my hand.

Maybe it's like my Turdus where some genius thought it would be a good idea to put the speed sensor and it's wiring so close to the exhaust manifold you can't squeeze your hand between them. Then it gets burned up. Then the computer doesn't know how fast you're going. Then it can't tell the transmission what to do. Or worse yet, gets faulty readings and tells it to do shit like start out in overdrive or downshift into 1st at 60mph.

I'd like to find the fucker who did this and punch him. Twice. With a rock in my hand.

i feel yer payne! :(

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Companies always lose when rapidly growing. Would need to see their financials for areas they are already well established in to see if they have a solid business or not.
They've lost more in half a year than Amazon did in an entire year during the .com bust. Because app, disrupt, disruptive app, app disruption, innovators.

Since the whole thing was illegal to begin with (gypsy cabs) they're spending boatloads fighting the laws.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
They've lost more in half a year than Amazon did in an entire year during the .com bust. Because app, disrupt, disruptive app, app disruption, innovators.

Since the whole thing was illegal to begin with (gypsy cabs) they're spending boatloads fighting the laws.
There was a time when the idea of Amazon ever turning a profit with their huge losses was laughable. Ten years later...

Uber has shown cabs had a monopoly and is the perfect illustration of why competition is needed. Their method for rating drivers/customers weeded out the shit heads, the cab companies all have their own software now, and their prices has dropped. Used to cost me $50 to take a cab ride from ohare to north Chicago. Recently it's been $35 because that's what an uber costs.

And it started as a ride sharing concept that people decided to do as a job full time. I'm not sure that was ever ubers actual goal or not. In those terms it was never a gypsie cab service but more of a craigslist type of thing, or a car pooling service that most major cities themselves offer to connect people.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel