FBI allows past drug users

fly said:
I'm sure there is some emperical evidence on it, that was just the very first site I found. It looks kinda like someone's blog, but it got my point across.
Most of those antiemetics don't do jack shit for TC chemotherapy patients, and if they do work most of the time you still won't have much of an appetite.

I'm praying that if I ever need it, they do work - because pot does absolutely jack shit for me :p

Ryokurin said:
whats funny is that they have people who are admitting that they have for an FBI application. But then again if anyone is going to find out if you smoked a bowl when you were in college 7 years ago the goverment will.
My wife was seriously considering applying, since she's an attorney and all, and even talked with an agent at length about the process, they interview EVERYBODY who knows/knew you, even your teachers in grade school

I'm very familiar with the process. When I got my job at the DOJ I went through a 3-month background check in which FBI agents interviewed my coworkers, neighbors, friends, friends' family members, etc. face to face. The process for agent applicants is similar, though more in depth. I have a lot of friends who are agents, and they have some stories to tell. I can't get into it here because a lot of it is classified, but it's safe to say that if you've ever done anything, they will find out about it. And I mean anything. It's pretty scary.

I will say this, I made the mistake of mentioning how my dad did extensive work overseas, knows the president of Kazakhstan pretty well and once had a personal KGB detail (of course he didn't know they were KGB at the time). It took the FBI a month and a half to straighten all of that out.

Last edited:
ChikkenNoodul said:
My wife was seriously considering applying, since she's an attorney and all, and even talked with an agent at length about the process, they interview EVERYBODY who knows/knew you, even your teachers in grade school

Yeah that sounds like the security clearance check. I wanted to get a Oracle job on govt contracts and heard they checked past neighbors and check out your family members and friends too. Well I would NEVER pass then.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I passed the basic FBI background check for my concealed weapons permit in MA, but that's just a record check as far as I know, they did call my mother but that's about it...
Did you need 3 character references from the same county you live in? I hate NY :mad:

FlamingGlory said:
Did you need 3 character references from the same county you live in? I hate NY :mad:
No, the MA process was surprisingly 'friendlier' than the NY one, the 3 character references just had to know me for 3 years or longer or something like that.

There was also a lot of resources available at the time that instructed one how to write the application to be pretty much guaranteed a license in most towns, some police chiefs just don't give them out at all but most do.

NH was the best, went down to the police station with the application and 3 references, which they never called, and a week later we have a jovial message on our answering machine telling us our permits were ready :D