Food Favorite sushi?

california roll is a safe bet for most people. it's (fake i think) crab meat and alvacado so you don't get a cold peice of raw fish which is good for newbies... plus its pretty popular so you should be able to get it.

other than that, look for rolls that have baked/cooked meat so you arn't eating raw fish while you're getting used to the rest of it. they'll put ginger on your plate which is this offwhite colored stuff used to clense your pallet between the different rolls, but its sweet and alot of people put a peice of it on their roll and dip it into the soy sauce type stuff they have on the table (they'll give you an empty bowl, you pour the sauce into it) so it kind of masks whatever you're eating. shrimp tempura rolls are cooked and pretty good too.

if you're drinking saki you can order whatever you want, you'll be able to eat it eventually. :D

stick with the rolls though (maki rolls), if you get just the raw clumps of fish with skin still on them you probably won't like it to much if you're trying to ease yourself into liking sushi. get the miso soup over onion, its like tofu in some seasoned soup water... its not awesome but it's better than onion.

also keep in mind one roll is usually 4-8 peices depending on how they cut it, so 2 or 3 rolls is all you need to order.
Except that in most places I've seen the "crab stick" isn't crab, and it's terrible.

You, sir, are quite uncooth.

First of all, you can/should eat sushi with your hands.

Also, if you have soy sauce, it is an accompaniment, not a flavor-hider. When you dip with nigirizushi, you do the fish side, not the rice.

The ginger is there to cleanse the palette between samples of sushi so as not to contaminate flavors. And it certainly isn't sweet.

And I love watching sushi being made and the ritual of eating it, but I just don't care for fish. I have tried it before, I just don't care for it.

I like miso soup as well.

i tell you how to eat at a sushi place by easing yourself into the idea so you can expand your horizons over time and not all at once start out with raw eel, throw up, and be forever turned off by it, and you got off and rag on my methods of doing it. dick.

I absolutely love sashimi!!

The best sashimi I've had is the fatty tuna. It's not the most expensive but it ain't cheap. But damn it tastes good!

Roll's are for rooks.

Sashimi is the way to go. A good Ika slathered with Wasabe is the way to start your day.

Yellowtail & pacific Salmon is also very much win.

i tell you how to eat at a sushi place by easing yourself into the idea so you can expand your horizons over time and not all at once start out with raw eel, throw up, and be forever turned off by it, and you got off and rag on my methods of doing it. dick.

Well I should thank you for your advice and I did take it, but I started with a non fish first. It is the seaweed I can't get around, too fishy. No one had ordered sashimi at the table so I couldn't try that, unfortunately. We were there for hibachi really so there wasn't too much to try anyway. I think maybe next time I will have to try nigiri.