Favorite pizza toppings?

Fat Burger

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Portland, OR
www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
So last night I made pizza for the first time (first time making the dough from scratch, I mean). I just made a simple pepperoni/feta pizza. It turned out well, and I have three more balls of dough left to play with. What are everyone's favorite types of interesting pizza?

I've always loved the chicken/barbecue/carmelized onions. Chicken with a pesto base, walnuts and sundried tomatoes is something else Fuxx and I had a few months ago and really liked. Of course, piling on as many meats as possible is great, but it's less than creative.

What do you guys get when you want something more interesting than pepperoni?

When I make my own, I like jerk chicken, portobello mushrooms and red onion. Plus, I try to use fresh mozzarella, and tear some fresh basil on top after cooking.

I like the barbeque chicken pizza (hold the cilantro) and I also like the caesar chicken pizza :drool:

BBQ chicken or hawaiian pizza. There's just something about that paradise fruit on pizza. :drool:

We also make a pizza with pesto + red bellpepper + corn + brie that is damn tasty. The receipe was from the Surreal Chief on Food network and he called for the pizza to be grilled. We just throw the sucker in the oven tho.

Pandora said:
BBQ chicken or hawaiian pizza. There's just something about that paradise fruit on pizza. :drool:

We also make a pizza with pesto + red bellpepper + corn + brie that is damn tasty. The receipe was from the Surreal Chief on Food network and he called for the pizza to be grilled. We just throw the sucker in the oven tho.

Wait a minute. Do you call pineapples 'paradise fruit?' Or does hawiian pizza have some fruit other than pineapple in your part of the world?

edit: typing the word pineapple multiple times has made me crave one.

itburnswhenipee said:
Wait a minute. Do you call pineapples 'paradise fruit?' Or does hawiian pizza have some fruit other than pineapple in your part of the world?

lucky for me i just bought some today. :drool:

itburnswhenipee said:

I call it paradise fruit when I'm discussing it as a pizza topping. ie, I love paradise fruit on my pizza, but theac always wants goat anus. :fly:

20060106h.jpg

Garlic + jalapenos + onions (white) + mushrooms + sauce + fresh cheese.

Sometimes when you want salt, anchovies and jalapenos.

We have no shortage of pizza places around here, though when it's the only kind of food you can get eating out you get very sick of it very fast.

Gyro Pizza:

Spread tzatziki sauce on the dough...heavily.
Fresh garlic if you like that kind of thing...there will already be some in the sauce.
Cover the sauce with a liberal amount of crumbled feta cheese.
Add shredded lettuce (any kind that starts out crisp...iceberg or romaine work well).
Top the shredded lettuce with sliced Gyro meat.

Other possible toppings are black/greek olives, thinly sliced onions (I like red), or anything else you like on a Gyro.

Edit: this is a pizza that I like to get at a greek restaurant nearby, not my recipe but easy to replicate.

Last edited:
ERage said:
Gyro Pizza:

Spread tzatziki sauce on the dough...heavily.
Fresh garlic if you like that kind of thing...there will already be some in the sauce.
Cover the sauce with a liberal amount of crumbled feta cheese.
Add shredded lettuce (any kind that starts out crisp...iceberg or romaine work well).
Top the shredded lettuce with sliced Gyro meat.

Other possible toppings are black/greek olives, thinly sliced onions (I like red), or anything else you like on a Gyro.

How is that different from an enormous, open faced gyro?

I like pineapple, onions, green peppers, and tomatoes on my pizza, oh and olives.

Another fun combination we've had is a taco pizza, but hamburger and tomatoes, onions, and olives and taco shells with an enchilada type sauce on it.