Favorite music videos

"I'm not like the other guys..."

Little did the world know how right Mike was...

*edit

If anyone sees Eddie Murphy's "Delerious" (maybe it's "Raw") he addresses MJ's odd behavior. Looking at it now with all of this new evidence shows just how funny Eddie's insight was. I heard someone else who used to hang around with him said that when MJ would answer his home phone he had a deep, black guy's voice. How funny is that? He's like Bob Ross in public..."It's a happy little tree..."

Last edited:
Arátoeldar said:
To paraphrase Joe Walsh, "Music should be listened to not watched."

Joe Walsh, Bwhahahahahahahahahahahah bwhahahahah bwhahahah bwahha

bwah

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS QUOTES JOE FAWKING WALSH :fly: :fly: :fly:

jk, i kinda see what your saying but there are some videos worth watching

InnerMuse said:
Not to say that music doesn't already do that for me, but sometimes it interesting to see someone else's imagery.

The thing alot of people dont seem to realize is that alot of songs are not written by the person who sang them. So basically you are not feeling this persons emotions through their own voice anyways. Then when it moves to the production of a music video stage, someone else makes the video, lol. It all just boils down to 1 word, ENTERTAINMENT

InnerMuse said:
Not to say that music doesn't already do that for me, but sometimes it interesting to see someone else's imagery.

Rush was one of the first band to play video during a concert. Some people go to primarily for the the videos, secondarily for the music. I go primarily to listen to music/watch them play. I will occasionally watch the videos for a few seconds.

BeeRad said:
The thing alot of people dont seem to realize is that alot of songs are not written by the person who sang them. So basically you are not feeling this persons emotions through their own voice anyways. Then when it moves to the production of a music video stage, someone else makes the video, lol. It all just boils down to 1 word, ENTERTAINMENT

Again depends on the band. While Geddy Lee doesn't write the lyrics. He does co-write melody with Alex Lifeson.

BeeRad said:
Sometimes other people's creativity spawns and spurs my own. Sometimes they have things in the videos that I normally wouldn't think of.

Arátoeldar said:
Rush was one of the first band to play video during a concert. Some people go to primarily for the the videos, secondarily for the music. I go primarily to listen to music/watch them play. I will occasionally watch the videos for a few seconds.

Aahhh, Rush. I would love to see them perform if they still do. If I go to a concert, I try to listen to any variations in the songs as well as the stage set up.
When we went to the Bare Naked Ladies New Years concert, my s.o. and I had a blast. not only did they play their hits, but they also performed some make-shift raps as fillers. It was funny listening to them rap about authentic philly cheesesteaks and all the "special" people in the AllTel cellphone seats. They didn't need to show videos -the were the entertainment.

InnerMuse said:
Aahhh, Rush. I would love to see them perform if they still do. If I go to a concert, I try to listen to any variations in the songs as well as the stage set up.
When we went to the Bare Naked Ladies New Years concert, my s.o. and I had a blast. not only did they play their hits, but they also performed some make-shift raps as fillers. It was funny listening to them rap about authentic philly cheesesteaks and all the "special" people in the AllTel cellphone seats. They didn't need to show videos -the were the entertainment.

So far as the music goes when I go to a concert. I look for two things. First, I listen for any variation in the songs themselves. Secondly, what set list the band plays. One of the best concert I have ever been to was Jethro Tull on their "Roots to Branches" tour. They did an excellent of mixing up the popular songs and the non radio songs. I was ecstatic when they played a song from Ian Anderson's solo album "Dances with Divinities". I would have loved to been able to see that tour. Before I went to see Tom Petty & the Hearthbreakers on his "Echo" tour. I was reading his set list of his previous shows. It was a good mix of the hits and non radio songs. Yet because he had never been to my neck of the woods. Petty did a greatest hits show with a couple of songs from the "Echo" album. It was a good show but I was damn disappointed in the set list.