Favorite Music videos

B

batsdontswim

So I was watching videos this morning before work, and reminiscing back to the good ol' days of music videos and thinking about some of my favorites. It made me wonder if I'd forgotten some over time that were really good. What were/are your favorite music videos? Some of mine:

Green Day - Basket Case
Foo Fighters - Big Me
No Doubt - Sunday Morning
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity

ALSO: I saw one today, can't remember who it was or what the song title was but it was damn hilarious. It was like an 8-bit video with a crazy squirrel and a father/son combo (maybe?) singing. Anyone know what video I'm talking about?

theacoustician said:
I find that most music videos take away from a song instead of adding to it. I try not to watch them.

And here I thought it was just that you didn't have cable. :)

I do agree that most videos are a waste. Still, some are classic fun. Most Beasty Boys songs. The Gorillaz Clint Eastwood was good. And most AMVs are good. :)

I haven't actually seen a music video by a white band or group since 1997, I think. It's all hip hop and R&B.

Drool-Boy said:
and Primus!

If you try and rent a B&B video, they have all the music videos stripped out now:(

They started playing them again on TV. I think they're playing the episodes on VH1 now, but they have the videos in them again! WHOO!! I've only been around to see a few of the episodes, but if you loved B&B back in the glory days of the show, watch it again... it's awesome.

batsdontswim said:
They started playing them again on TV. I think they're playing the episodes on VH1 now, but they have the videos in them again! WHOO!! I've only been around to see a few of the episodes, but if you loved B&B back in the glory days of the show, watch it again... it's awesome.
Yar, I saw one the other day.....it was most pleasurable

I always liked the video for "Take on Me" by A-ha. It was one of the first videos I remember that mixed animation with reality and I thought that was cool.

My favorite would have to be "Don't Come Around Here No More" by Mr. Petty. He's :cool:

It's been awhile since I've seen a real life music video tho. They just don't make em like they use to. :(

Pandora said:
I always liked the video for "Take on Me" by A-ha. It was one of the first videos I remember that mixed animation with reality and I thought that was cool.

They're Norwegian. :cool: