GAY Favorite movie moments:

IndianaJones.gif

I read somewhere that this scene was improv. It was hot as hell out, Ford had been working all day and was tired. He was support to fight the guy or something, but he was so frustrated that he pulled the gun and fired. They kept it.

I heard the guy in black with the sword was Bruce Lee's son, and that he actually died when he was shot.

hammethfuckinkeysyacocksucka whatafuh?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that this scene was improv. It was hot as hell out, Ford had been working all day and was tired. He was support to fight the guy or something, but he was so frustrated that he pulled the gun and fired. They kept it.

I saw an interview that said the sword guy was super pissed because he practiced the scene for months so it was perfect.

I heard the guy in black with the sword was Bruce Lee's son, and that he actually died when he was shot.

You are thinking of The Crow

That movie was alright

Asa,

look up

it's going right over your head.

I saw an interview that said the sword guy was super pissed because he practiced the scene for months so it was perfect.

From the stuntman on set

"In “Raiders” there’s that famous scene where Indy meets this hulking great Arab swordsman and simply shoots him dead. Originally there was an elaborate fight sequence planned and a stunt team went up to the coast for two weeks working it out. They really drew the easy ticket – we heard all this talk about fabulous beaches and topless tourists, and there we were stuck down in bloody Nefta with the dysentery mob. When the main crew finished with us they flew up to the coast to join Peter Diamond, who showed Steven the fight routine. Big Terry Richards played the Arab and he swished his sword about and then the fight carried on through the whole of the Casbah.

Steven watched and said, “Look, I’m going to shoot whatever I can until three o’clock because then I’m getting out of here.” Peter Diamond was dumbstruck: “You can’t do that, it’s gonna take four days to film this fight. It’s a huge fight and the guys have been rehearsing it for weeks.’ Steven said, ‘I’ve got a plane coming at three, I’m out of here, I’ve got enough, I don’t need any more here.’ Tomblin butted in, ‘For Christ’s sake Steven, you’ve got to do this.’ But Steven was standing firm, “No, I’m out at three.” Tomblin said, “Well, it’s stupid doing this whole routine, you might as well just shoot the guy with a gun.” “Don’t be facetious Dave.” Then Steven paused. “I’ll tell you what, let’s try that. Yes, let’s try just shooting him.” And the rest is history."

Without question true, Ford and Spielberg tell the same story. Supposed to be a fight scene but Ford was pretty sick that day and too tired towards the end of the shoot.

(I love you... I know... at the end of Empire was also Ford improv-ing)

From the stuntman on set

"In “Raiders” there’s that famous scene where Indy meets this hulking great Arab swordsman and simply shoots him dead. Originally there was an elaborate fight sequence planned and a stunt team went up to the coast for two weeks working it out. They really drew the easy ticket – we heard all this talk about fabulous beaches and topless tourists, and there we were stuck down in bloody Nefta with the dysentery mob. When the main crew finished with us they flew up to the coast to join Peter Diamond, who showed Steven the fight routine. Big Terry Richards played the Arab and he swished his sword about and then the fight carried on through the whole of the Casbah.

Steven watched and said, “Look, I’m going to shoot whatever I can until three o’clock because then I’m getting out of here.” Peter Diamond was dumbstruck: “You can’t do that, it’s gonna take four days to film this fight. It’s a huge fight and the guys have been rehearsing it for weeks.’ Steven said, ‘I’ve got a plane coming at three, I’m out of here, I’ve got enough, I don’t need any more here.’ Tomblin butted in, ‘For Christ’s sake Steven, you’ve got to do this.’ But Steven was standing firm, “No, I’m out at three.” Tomblin said, “Well, it’s stupid doing this whole routine, you might as well just shoot the guy with a gun.” “Don’t be facetious Dave.” Then Steven paused. “I’ll tell you what, let’s try that. Yes, let’s try just shooting him.” And the rest is history."

hmmm in interviews Spielberg and Ford simply say that he was sick, I wonder if that's their way of keeping it short