Favorite kind of donut?

Doughnuts doesn't really belong amongst my favourites... Generally I find them dry and bland. Well I can't claim to have had any truly fancy ones like such that are apparently commonly available on that side of the big pond.

Lynnakitty said:
Ooh we have those.. we just call them chocolate glazed tho :o lol
I didn't know there was chocolate flakey puffy ones.. :o

I had some chocolate donuts that were more of the puffy type, and I didn't like them at all.

dreamwalker said:
I had some chocolate donuts that were more of the puffy type, and I didn't like them at all.
I don't think they'd be able to capture the chocolatey taste that is necessary for a quality chocolate donut.

Lynnakitty said:
I've never had a Krispie Kreme donut :(

You're not missing much. I don't know why everyone loves them so much...they're okay...but they're not the orgasmic greatness as some suggest.

Millions said:
You're not missing much. I don't know why everyone loves them so much...they're okay...but they're not the orgasmic greatness as some suggest.

++ This is true, I had my first Krispy Kreme donut not long ago...it's wasn't all it's hyped up to be. :o

Millions said:
IMO, krispy kremes are just frosted sugar cakes. my gf calls them "fat sticks"

if i want a donut, i want a real donut. bakery donuts > dunkin donuts > KK

Aye .. all that sugar is what makes them so good. Bakery and Dunkin are too dry for my taste, to each his own.

CletusJones said:
IMO, krispy kremes are just frosted sugar cakes. my gf calls them "fat sticks"

if i want a donut, i want a real donut. bakery donuts > dunkin donuts > KK

From a shop....glazed or long Johns with chocolate icing and vanilla pudding filling....:drool:

Hostess Crumb Donettes....:drool: