Favorite / Best Covers?

L

Lynnakitty

Guest
I love cover songs when done right.. :drool:
My favorites include:
Michael Buble - The Way You Look Tonight
Incubus - Turning Japanese
Gary Jules - Mad World
The Muppets - Imagine (don't ask teeheehee)
Rupert Everrett - I'm too sexy
Theresa Sokyrka - Good Mother
 
J

jaxxor

Guest
good thread! my fave cover of all time is:

G'n'R - Knockin on Heaven's Door

Second would be Jeff Buckley doing Hallelujah
 
L

Lynnakitty

Guest
jaxxor said:
good thread! my fave cover of all time is:

G'n'R - Knockin on Heaven's Door

Second would be Jeff Buckley doing Hallelujah
:o I love Hallelujah if it's the one I think it is:
"I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord"
that one? :D
I hate Bob Dylan's cover of it :(
 
L

Lynnakitty

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love
Stereophonics - Handbags And Gladrags
Satyricon - I Got Erection
Who originally did "I Got Erection"?
I have like a gazillion versions of it.
 
J

jaxxor

Guest
NeedMoreEmo said:
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love
Stereophonics - Handbags And Gladrags
Satyricon - I Got Erection
for some reason Manson covers are almost always kind of dull. I love some of his originals, but Personal Jesus was just kinda.... :rolleyes: Maybe that's just me though.
 
J

jaxxor

Guest
Lynnakitty said:
:o I love Hallelujah if it's the one I think it is:
"I heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord"
that one? :D
I hate Bob Dylan's cover of it :(
that's the song. I play it myself every chance I get, drives the wimmens wild.

I'd punch Dylan in the face if I heard him try to sing it though :mad:
 
L

Lynnakitty

Guest
jaxxor said:
that's the song. I play it myself every chance I get, drives the wimmens wild.

I'd punch Dylan in the face if I heard him try to sing it though :mad:
I like it because my Daddy used to sing it to me when I was little... there's a few songs he and my Nana used to sing to me that I just looooove.

When I watched Shrek and heard it there I almost got up and held a lighter up in the theatre :lol:
 

Dory

Now with 100% less wickie
Oct 15, 2004
36,512
2,624
673
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
6,816.90₥
jaxxor said:
for some reason Manson covers are almost always kind of dull. I love some of his originals, but Personal Jesus was just kinda.... :rolleyes: Maybe that's just me though.
I love the original of Tainted Love but MM's seems a bit more erotic if you know what I mean. It's a pretty addictive song.

:shifty:
 
L

Lynnakitty

Guest
ChikkenNoodul said:
And the Smashing Pumpkin's cover of that Fleetwood Mac song, dunno the name offhand
:o SP did a cover of Fleetwood Mac? I must find this song.
 
L

Lynnakitty

Guest
Reel Big Fish's cover of Take On Me is also very good..
credited to Kidane for introducing me to it.