fatburger: he's neither fat nor a burger...what gives?

I read a bunch of midwifery books that said tears can be prevented with proper preparation... like you take some sort of oil and lube up the perineum and do daily stretching to make it more flexible (it recommended getting assistance from teh baby daddies) and then there are actual exercises a girl can do to tighten muscles down there and make everything tight... I don't think vag births necessarily mean floppy vags and personally, I'd do whatever I could to prevent getting cut open, to me that's the worst, because afterwards you're left with a baby and a major surgery to heal from. No thanks! :lol:

Then again, I'd prefer babies to hatch from pods and already be like 2-3 years old, but we haven't advanced that far scientifically yet.
Yup... there is a lot you can do to prevent tearing... and episiotomies are rarely done now (where they cut you instead of letting you tear naturally).

Lots of perineum massages, the use of a birthing ball or jacuzzi tup to limber things up down there. Lots of positions to get into and the most importantly of all, DO NOT PUSH LAYING ON YOUR BACK. The most successful way to push is laying on your left side, squatting or standing.

Enough about my vagina though...

Yup... there is a lot you can do to prevent tearing... and episiotomies are rarely done now (where they cut you instead of letting you tear naturally).

Lots of perineum massages, the use of a birthing ball or jacuzzi tup to limber things up down there. Lots of positions to get into and the most importantly of all, DO NOT PUSH LAYING ON YOUR BACK. The most successful way to push is laying on your left side, squatting or standing.

You know during this entire discussion I didn't once have a thought of your vagina, rather I thought of the big baby bump instead... that is until you said, "MY VAGINA"

thanks.

The thought of getting into a vagina to make babies is one thing.

The thought of babies coming out of the vagina is something else all together.

We need a new topic.

Also, tears down are much easier to heal from then tears up.

If we did end up with another kid, I plan on just getting a midwife and giving birth at home. Hospitals suck.

Vagina

that is all.

picture.php