Fat Burger's blog

Fat Burger

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Portland, OR
www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
So this morning I have to work at 6am. Why? Because the other helpdesk guy (yes, Skye) is off vacationing in Whistler. So I have to cover his early morning shift. Of course, I don't get off early, I'm here until 5pm.

Anyhow, I just got back from the breakroom to get this morning's hot chocolate. I should mention that this morning I put the exact amount of chocolate mix in there, leaving me with a deliciously chocolatey (but not too chocolately) hot beverage. In fact, it is so good, that typing that sentence demanded me taking another drink (for reals). Mmm...

Our company has two employee bulletin boards now. Well three, really. One is solely for the use of people who have friends or family in Iraq. We currently have pictures of one of a brother of one of our programmers (Sam from the Helpdesk Rivalries), and the son-in-law of one of our executive assistants. To call this guy a cretin would be a disservice to George W. Bush. To call him a jackass would be a disservice to John Kerry. The point being, that I hate him, and I'm glad he's in Iraq. But I digress.

The second bulletin board has stupid crap like OSHA regulations, the new minimum wage ($7.25 for those keeping track), etc.

But it was the third bulletin board that caught my interest. This has all kinds of stuff that employees put up. Guest passes to gyms, menus from local restaurants, crap for sale....and today, a wedding invitation. It's someone here at work (also the aunt of a friend of mine), who's getting married. The wedding invitation is a delightfully tacky picture of them walking down a road holding hands. And in a nice script it says "Forever in Love..."

The problem being, that she got a divorce from her last husband less than a year ago. And I believe he's divorced too, though I don't know him. Do they seriously think that after a divorce, this is somehow magically the perfect person for them? I realize it's possible, and I hope they stay together. But it's still a slap in the face to his ex-wife, and her ex-husband and three kids. What kind of message does that give? "Mommy doesn't love you forever anymore, she's going to love Bob forever because he has a Corvette"

Seriously, what's wrong with this planet? :tard: :rolleyes:

People can be stupid. Or maybe, just maybe, they got lucky? Or he has a big cock and she thirsts for it like a rabid chinchilla.

smileynev said:
People can be stupid. Or maybe, just maybe, they got lucky? Or he has a big cock and she thirsts for it like a rabid chinchilla.
did u buy resident evil 4 yet?

elpmis said:
did u buy resident evil 4 yet?

No. I can steal it from my bro in law, but I have no time to play it right now...:(

The outfit the president's daughter wears the second time through the game...:drool:

April23 said:
In most American cases this is a true statement.

Marriage is stupid especially if you don't know what you are getting into. I blame today's quick fix society.

Desslock said:
Marriage is stupid especially if you don't know what you are getting into. I blame today's quick fix society.
Americans are <insert potty language> and can't accept the concept of commitment .