FYI FAO: Anyone with an ebay account. I am holding the sale of the century!

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,113
Paypal and ebay have conspired against me and created a new arbitrary policy whereby they hold all your money for 21 days or until you get positive feedback for the transaction. This sanction is taken off once you reach 100 feedback and you will then have full control once more of what is rightfully yours. It's kind of fucked up my finances as I've sold a lot of stuff, have a lot of money in my paypal account but no way to access it in order to get the money to post out all my items which weigh a ton.

However we have a cunning plan.

Who would like to purchase a length of string from me on ebay? No payment needed, just fantastic feedback until I reach 100 individual feedbacks. My mother has just purchased a fantastic and very durable (lets say it's purple) length of cotton for all her sewing needs. Would anybody else like to invest in this once in a lifetime bargain deal? Cotton may or may not arrive. Stock is very limited (43 lengths of varying colours, sizes and odours) and if you don't buy now you'll certainly regret it later!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220817077829&var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

If you think about it it's a good idea. It weeds out the bad sellers and anyone who's just out there selling bootlegs. Yes it sucks at first but if you're a good seller it won't matter. Plus I think they can change the T&Cs at will.

Well yeah that's business as usual for US companies. I was just wondering if someone, ala casmo, would know the legalities of their new policy.

In their terms and conditions it says 'we have the right to change our policy' which is what I was told on the phone. To which I replied 'Yes but you could have a policy saying I'm an elephant and that doesnt help me right now, does it?'

I was not happy today. I've never called companies before and gotted riled but I was very pissy for over an hour to them today.

If you think about it it's a good idea. It weeds out the bad sellers and anyone who's just out there selling bootlegs. Yes it sucks at first but if you're a good seller it won't matter. Plus I think they can change the T&Cs at will.

A good idea? It's full of flaws.

It's prejudicial to people who have little income or are selling heavier items which cost more to post, it will lead to worse ratings for people. Me personally I'd be fucked if I don't sell all this excess of string. Theyr'e forcing me to be a shit seller because if I'm forced to wait 21 days until I get the postage money that someone has given me on good faith then they wont' receive their package for probably a month if not longer. Who does that benefit exactly? Not the seller and not hte buyer either.Considering 100% of the time they side with the buyer anyway even if you have evidence they're wrong I serioulsy don't think that buyers need even more protection from so called 'bad sellers'.

prejudicial? they're doing what's in their own best interest as a company. if you don't like it take your business elsewhere. pretty simple

prejudicial? they're doing what's in their own best interest as a company. if you don't like it take your business elsewhere. pretty simple

Look I've got 57 individual feedback but seeing as most people I sell to are repeat customers that doesn't count, I've had over 90 positive feedback in 6 months. That doesn't count for anything?

What a load of shit.

And of course you don't care about prejudicial, you live in the land of the free and all.