FYI FAO: Anyone with an ebay account. I am holding the sale of the century!

In their terms and conditions it says 'we have the right to change our policy' which is what I was told on the phone. To which I replied 'Yes but you could have a policy saying I'm an elephant and that doesnt help me right now, does it?'

I was not happy today. I've never called companies before and gotted riled but I was very pissy for over an hour to them today.

They can make a policy stating that they will be allowed to enter your home at will to redeem owed monies. But the law may have something to say about that. See what I mean?

They can make a policy stating that they will be allowed to enter your home at will to redeem owed monies. But the law may have something to say about that. See what I mean?

I see what you mean but right now Liam I have too much going on to be wrangling with ebay and thinking about anythign like that, I would be interested to know the legalities of it though if anyone happens to know or find out. I have enough problems right now without paypal refusing to give me my own money which I raised for a reason. It's not like I sell my personal items on ebay just for a laugh, it's because I specifically need that money right then, now they decided I'm not allowed it. Assholes.

Where's my fuckin' string? You marked it as despatched yesterday and the postie has just been. Guess what! No string. You live a mile away. Why don't you just deliver it? If there's no string here by tomorrow I'm giving you negative feeback bitch. Just because tardwife is down south for the day, don't think you can pull this shit on me!

Last edited:
I see what you mean but right now Liam I have too much going on to be wrangling with ebay and thinking about anythign like that, I would be interested to know the legalities of it though if anyone happens to know or find out. I have enough problems right now without paypal refusing to give me my own money which I raised for a reason. It's not like I sell my personal items on ebay just for a laugh, it's because I specifically need that money right then, now they decided I'm not allowed it. Assholes.
Most credit card processing thingies take money from the issuing bank (the card) and transfer it to the settling bank (the place where the card is paying), usually by way of a clearinghouse or federal reserve bank. It's very heavily regulated by the card association (visa, american express etc.)

Paypal, is a 'service' they take payment from the issuing bank, credit it to the merchant's account, but they put the money into their own accounts, and earn interest on it until the merchant takes it out. When you sign up for paypal that is what you agree to, they can also hold your money indefinitely if you violate their 'terms' because they have actual possession of it.

Now Ebay owns paypal, so it's really the only method of payment they want people to use. BUT if you list your item in any of severally specified catagories you can accept payment by check/money order etc. It's outlined here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html That way you can avoid paypal. You could also just not use ebay...

In the US Postal Money Orders are pretty much the safest way to accept payment, I think the UK equivalent are Postal Orders. They have to be prepaid and you cash them at the post office.

Paypal wont let you pay for guns on it, so I am ideologically opposed to them. >.>

Buyers would be, quite naturally, cynical of anyone who refused to accept paypal as it would seem they would be trying to circumvent paypals buyer protection.

That's idiotic, most commercial enterprises on ebay use their own payment processors and visa, mastercard, and especially american express, have built in buyer's protection in the form of chargebacks that you give up the right to use by paying with paypal.

Does UK post have cash on delivery shipping? >.>]

ETA: You could get someone to lend you money for postage with the money held in your paypal account as security. I would, for nominal interest, if I actually thought you had a bank account.

Last edited:
Where's my f*ckin' string? You marked it as despatched yesterday and the postie has just been. Guess what! No string. You live a mile away. Why don't you just deliver it? If there's no string here by tomorrow I'm giving you negative feeback bitch. Just because tardwife is down south for the day, don't think you can pull this sh*t on me!

I've not finished my users guide to string. Please sir, if you could just calm down, our prioirity at thin air gifts is to ensure that all customers can get the maximum enjoyment from their purchase. Without the completed how-to guide enclosed we feel this may limit the potential for use of this item.

We thank you for your patience.

That's idiotic, most commercial enterprises on ebay use their own payment processors and visa, mastercard, and especially american express, have built in buyer's protection in the form of chargebacks that you give up the right to use by paying with paypal.

Does UK post have cash on delivery shipping? >.>]

ETA: You could get someone to lend you money for postage with the money held in your paypal account as security. I would, for nominal interest, if I actually thought you had a bank account.

I have 3 bank accounts bro. As it happens I'm at 76 feedback now, paypal have contacted saying 60 would suffice so it may be okay. I've had some payments released and printed off most the postal labels I needed.

Thank you invisible string!