famous quotes

To smack clam, munch rug, dine at just one American pink taco stand! You know, I wanted to, how is it, park the porpoise. You know? I want to take it through the car wash, baby. And get it waxed. I want to wax it. Wax it! You know, and air dry. Air dry that shit, yeah! And I would like to be your assistant very much, Mr. Van Wilder.

"WHEN you are old and gray and full of sleep
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true;
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face."

"Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can
understand."

Yeats, FTW!

Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.

Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.

Write that down.

My grandmother (who was religious) used to talk about worrying. She would say you only really have two things to worry about in life: are you healthy or not. If you are healthy you don't' have anything to worrry about. If you aren't healthy you only have two things to worry about: are you going to live or die. If you are going to live you have nothing to worry about. If you are going to die you really don't have much to worry about either because you will be dead. Therefore, there is no point in worrying.

I like the way you said it better though.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

-Mary Frye

My grandmother (who was religious) used to talk about worrying. She would say you only really have two things to worry about in life: are you healthy or not. If you are healthy you don't' have anything to worrry about. If you aren't healthy you only have two things to worry about: are you going to live or die. If you are going to live you have nothing to worry about. If you are going to die you really don't have much to worry about either because you will be dead. Therefore, there is no point in worrying.

I like the way you said it better though.

if you're going to die you still have to worry about going to heaven or hell but if you go to hell you'll be too busy catching up with old friends that you won't have time to worry about anything else

if you're going to die you still have to worry about going to heaven or hell but if you go to hell you'll be too busy catching up with old friends that you won't have time to worry about anything else

I am not worried about going to heaven or hell, I know where I be going :p

Besides signature

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." --Thomas Jefferson

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms [and] may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

"Almighty God...give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Sam Adams

"I swear upon the altar of God, eternal hostility to every form of tyranny over the mind of man." - Thomas Jefferson

"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Perhaps it is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged against provisions against danger, real or pretended from abroad ". - James Madison, Letter to Thomas Jefferson, May 13, 1798.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. ... Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." --Thomas Jefferson

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Ben Franklin said he who would sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither. He was talking about those that believed in the revolutionary cause but didn't want to fight for fear of dying. He never said that people shouldn't abide by laws because that makes them undeserving of freedom. Think before you speak, Benjamin Franklin helped write the very first US laws, imposing securities that limited freedoms to do wrong.

"Almighty God...give me liberty or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin

"Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it"- Thomas Paine

"all woman contain intelligent DNA at one point in their lives, unfortunatly 95% of them spit it out."

thats always a goody

"And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

"Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."