Ontopic Facial Recognition

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,695
Steam
asastang
Being used more and more, here's an article about Home Depot and Lowe's using it extensively

Anyone concerned about this at all? Not necessarily as it is now, but as it continues?

I can't think of any reason it would worry me. All I've heard about facial recognition is that it's possibly racist, whether that's true idk.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
" It's only unconstitutional if a private corp. uses it " .
On a lighter note , if we all grow beards @fly gets blamed .
hehehehehe

Don't like it at all. Whether in the hands of corporations, governments, or regular citizens it will be abused.
Brush up on your theatre trickery and go out in public as a Klingon.

Like other tech it'll become cheap and pervasive to the point of being unavoidable save for spending your life as a shut-in. Also be marketed as the hip new way of the future and people will demand it instead of question it.

yes it sucks but is quite unavoidable e.g. if you want a fucking passport you have to go through that crappy invasive waste of time

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
The Constitutional "right" to privacy is tenuous at best. What do you want?

"secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects".

All kind of electronic stuff counts as "papers" now. Is your face part of your person?

Care to look up what "effects" means in a 1780's era law dictionary and apply it to current times?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
"secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects".

All kind of electronic stuff counts as "papers" now. Is your face part of your person?

Care to look up what "effects" means in a 1780's era law dictionary and apply it to current times?
So abortion is cool to you?