Ontopic Facebook Parenting

Petunia

COVID POSITIVE FOREVER
Nov 16, 2010
Currently Locked up: esposa
Marklar
₥33,545
Dad shoots up daughter's laptop over Facebook rant

A North Carolina father is being hailed as a parenting hero and derided as a bully, after trying to teach his daughter a lesson by shooting up her laptop.

The daughter, it would seem, had written a long rant on Facebook about why she's sick of her parents and about how they nag her to do too many chores.

Though she had attempted to filter her post so that her parents wouldn't see the rant, her dad found it anyway.

The father, Tommy Jordan, reacted by posting a video this week on YouTube, entitled "Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen."

The video description reads: "Maybe a few kids can take something away from this… If you're so disrespectful to your parents and yourself as to post this kind of thing on Facebook, you're deserving of some tough l-o-v-e. Today, my daughter is getting a dose of tough L-O-V-E."

In the video, Jordan, cigarette in hand, sits in a chair in a field and says the recording is dedicated to his daughter, Hannah, and "more importantly, for all her friends on Facebook who thought that her little rebellious post was cute. And for all you parents out there who think your kids don't post bad things on Facebook."

He then offers a seven-minute rant of his own, in which he reads out his daughter's Facebook tirade, and defends his parenting methods.

"I don't know how to say how disappointed I am in you and how disrespectful you were to every single adult in your life," he tells the camera.

"…So I'm going to put a stop to it. I'm going to put a stop to it right now."

Jordan then stands up and points the camera at a computer lying in a patch of dirt.

"That right there is your laptop," he says.

"This right here is my .45," he says, moving a pistol in front of the camera. He then cocks the weapon and shoots nine shots into the laptop.

He ends the video by telling his daughter that if she wants to buy a new laptop after she's finished being grounded – "whatever year that happens to be" -- she'll have to buy it herself.

"Have a good day, y'all," he says in the signoff.

The video was uploaded on Wednesday and has already had close to 2 million views

[video=youtube_share;kl1ujzRidmU]http://youtu.be/kl1ujzRidmU[/video]

LETS DISCUSS THIS.. I WANNA READ YOUR THOUGHTS...

I thought this was going to be about the much more interesting story where a dad kills 2 people who defriended his daughter on facebook.

I used cable cutters on my brother's computer after he repeatedly ignored me telling him to do chores. I told him he was going to lose the computer if he didnt straighten up. So... yeah I can see where this guy is coming from.

I'm scared.

If my mom ever got to my Facebook, I would die. Hell if she ever got to the website I would die.

I befriended my Grandma once on FB, but when she saw someone posted a pic of a girl in a bikini on wall, she fussed them out on FB. It was so awkward that he unfriended me.

Better to sell the laptop or take it away from her than the daughter fabricating a story about how the dad threatens her with a gun. CPS sees this video, leads credence to possible child endangerment/abuse. I can see that happening now.

well he told her he was going to do exactly that

it's a teenage girl, high drama is the only thing that would register in her brain

Better to sell the laptop or take it away from her than the daughter fabricating a story about how the dad threatens her with a gun. CPS sees this video, leads credence to possible child endangerment/abuse. I can see that happening now.
Does SC have CPS? :fly: Seriously though, that is like a black swan event.

that doesn't look like a dad who would care if the kid was taken away and shoved in some random foster home. would be a serious wake up call for her and she'd be begging to come home and be the perfect daughter.