exploding teeth!

I have strong teeth, but they don't come in where they are supposed to. I had my permanent teeth come in behind my baby teeth, so the roots never dissolved and they never got loose and fell out, so the dentist had to pull them all out. I've actually only had 2 loose teeth ever. I also had an extra tooth (so I could have looked like that picture up there without medical intervention) that the dentist pulled. My wisdom teeth have started coming in this past year and actually have been quite painless. I should probably have them pulled but haven't gotten around to it yet.

well well well. now it seems i'm getting a root canal to boot. also, my wisdom teeth are way up in there, there's a possibility my sinus cavity will get cut into. the dentist also told me theres a very small chance there could be some permanent nerve damage afterwards and a small part of my face would be numb.

hooray.

i didn't mind getting my wisdom teeth out. they did the anesthetic through the IV. The surgery took 15 minutes and then I got dropped at the CVS to fill the pain prescription right after i woke up after the surgery. Nothing like being all fucked up with blood and cotton falling out of your mouth while you wait in line at the pharmacy. I never even took the pain pills, Hydrocodine never did much for me anyways.

i was 14 when i got my wisdom teeth out, and too young to appreciate the drugs. maybe i should put them back in and try again. maybe that's where all my wisdom disappeared to, too.

i have 1 wisdom tooth, the others just arent' there. But like you getting it taken out poses a risk to my sinus cavity.. :(

i'll keep it for now, its not causing any problems at all

4 cavities, thanks to a brief soda addiction when I first got married

1 root canal, courtesy of landing face first on asphalt

All 4 impacted wisdom teeth extracted at once. I went under for the procedure, and woke up ravenous despite the bleeding gums.

Didn't bother with the pain pills other than Tylenol 'cuz all those heavy duty ones make me dizzy and detached

"Tooth Squeeze
Tooth squeeze results when a small pocket of trapped gas has been
generated by decay or is lodged under a poorly prepared, or cracked, filling.
If this pocket of gas is completely isolated, the pulp of the tooth or the
tissues of the tooth socket can be drawn into the space causing pain.
If additional gas enters the tooth during descent and does not vent during
ascent, the tooth may explode. This is more commonly seen in saturation
diving."

Oh this should be my thread. I have very weak enamel so I get cavaties like its no ones business.

I have had 3 root canals, I need 2 more.

I have 14 cavaties.

I recently got my wisdom teeth removed. They didn't remove them when I was younger because they were growing in perfectly straight. But alas, they took 4 years to grow in so by the time they did the part that was hidden by the gum and unable to be brushed was all fucked up. I also woke up in the middle of the surgery but honestly I was so full of medicine that I really didn't care. Make sure you do exactly what they tell you to do as far as aftercare.

Ok, so please believe me that my teeth aren't jacked up b/c I don't take care of them. I floss twice a day, I use listerine twice a day, I used ACT twice a day, and of course I brush twice a day. Plus I gave up smoking which helped.

At least you can't tell my teeth are messed up b/c they are very straight and oddly white.

In short, I feel your pain and them some. Ask for the good drugs and you will be fine.

why_ask_why said:
I'm not getting it yet...is it a word swap like admin edit?

Anytime you type the letters e-m-o in that order (without the hyphens of course) it puts "inline4-"

remove
emotion
semour

edit: sorry so slow, I had to stop typing to take a call

Galen said:
I do that anyway, but not for money. What a great job. Talk shite all day and get paid.

I think in the states psychiatrists mainly do perscription maintenance. It's the psycologists what have people whining at them all day.

Sarcasmo said:
Anytime you type the letters e-m-o in that order (without the hyphens of course) it puts "inline4-"

r inline4-ve
inline4-tion
s inline4-ur

edit: sorry so slow, I had to stop typing to take a call

i hate emoticons :fly:

InfluX said:
well well well. now it seems i'm getting a root canal to boot. also, my wisdom teeth are way up in there, there's a possibility my sinus cavity will get cut into. the dentist also told me theres a very small chance there could be some permanent nerve damage afterwards and a small part of my face would be numb.

hooray.

I've just dealt with getting my wisdom teeth plus another tooth removed. The nerve damage thing is now what I'm dealing with. What they don't tell you is that there is a reasonable chance you will have nerve damage, but a very small chance it will be permanent. The big warning here is that nerve damage is not pleasant, regardless of whether it is permanent or not. It doesn't heal quickly. I got my teeth out in early June and I just started to have feeling on the lower right side of my face yesturday. Also, it's not just the numbness that is a problem. Swelling around the nerve causes constant pain and it isn't any fun at all. I'd rather just be numb.

Don't put it off, but if this surgery isn't absolutely 100% necessary, don't do it. People seem to think it's an easy thing and really common. Believe the doctor when they say it's a serious thing. Nerve damage sucks, and I had no idea I was signing up for chronic pain. We believe I have another 3 months to 1 year of dealing with this before I'm healed. There isn't any way to tell really. I wish I had decided not to do this. The teeth weren't bothering me.

i asked the dentist if it was absolutely necessary to do this. he said yes, very. never mind the fact that i've never, ever felt any pain from them. i didn't even know they were there, really.

needless to say i'm seeing a different dentist next week. what i wouldn't give to have one of the bastards tell me 'since there's no pain there's no need to have this done right now' but somehow i know this will not happen.

Dentists are very trustworthy people, I let them do everything they suggest.

Oh yes, they are very trustworthy. Don't bother getting a second opinion. I trust them so much. Here's your money sir, I am the greater fool.

Oh, is that an oil well under that tooth?