exploding teeth!

InfluX

Flaccid Member
Apr 1, 2006
the last frontier.
Marklar
₥0
i completely forgot i've got a dentist appointment today, x-rays before i get my wisdom teeth yanked. i am terrified of the dentist, as i think many people are. my family also has a history of things going horribly wrong during this routine procedure. back in the day they left my dad hooked to the gas and forgot about him. my mother wouldnt stop bleeding and my brother woke up in the middle of it
and i know i'm going to get the 'have you ever thought about getting braces?" spiele which always sucks. i am filled with nervous dread and just wanted to share that with you all.

tell me about your teeth, exploding or not.

i have exactly 4 teeth in my head that don't have fillings in them.

i have had 2 root canals and have 2 porcelin crowns. the second one was interesting. i had my tooth split lengthwise in half. i had exposed nerves for almost a month before i got to see the dentist.

when i had my wisdom teeth out, i was moving to college the next day. i ended up giving my pain pills to my mom to chill her out. after about a week, i had to end up taking the stitches out myself because i couldn't get in with a local dentist after moving.

so whatever they tell you, it can't be this bad and i survived.

i have 1 cavity that needs attending a tooth that is broken but causing no issues.. guess i have good teeth. My Dentist even asked if i had braces at one point but i hadnt'..

on that note. Good luck, and relax :D

I could stand to get braces again, never finished the last time I had them. Other than that, no cavities.

I have good strong teeth according to my dentist. No real problems.
Had some wisdom teeth pulled about a year or two ago. That didnt really hurt, but it was a pretty brutal experience as I was awake the whole time.

Drool-Boy said:
I have good strong teeth according to my dentist. No real problems.
Had some wisdom teeth pulled about a year or two ago. That didnt really hurt, but it was a pretty brutal experience as I was awake the whole time.

You should probably tell him to keep going.

DOWNSMILE.jpg

I was this close to training to become a dentist. Maybe I'll just end up picking an easy discipline, like Psychiatry and spend most of my work day asleep.

Galen said:
I was this close to training to become a dentist. Maybe I'll just end up picking an easy discipline, like Psychiatry and spend most of my work day asleep.
You'd have to listen to people, whine.

Either way in response to the original post:

No cavities ever. Two chipped teeth had to be sealed (yay hockey).

FlamingGlory said:
You'd have to listen to people, whine.

Either way in response to the original post:

No cavities ever. Two chipped teeth had to be sealed (yay hockey).
I do that anyway, but not for money. What a great job. Talk shite all day and get paid.

Also in response:

I have no cavities or fillings, crowns or caps. I am missing one molar however, and that's because my Dentist was insane and claimed it had something wrong with it. She also claimed I needed a root canal, so I just never went back to her. Haven't had a problem since, get checkup's ever 6 months or so.

Galen said:
I do that anyway, but not for money. What a great job. Talk shite all day and get paid.
Patience may be a virtue to some. People 'sharing' makes me feel ill.