Food Experiment: chocolate milk from scratch.

For me it's about convenience. Yes, I love to cook and try new things but sometimes pizzahut.com is just a hell of a lot easier, quicker, and a lot less mess than making a pizza from scratch even if mine taste better.

How do you figure? Mass produced food against carefully prepared food at home? The answer is obvious which would be better.
Mass produced food? 5 star restaurants are mass produced foods? Wait what?

For me it's about convenience. Yes, I love to cook and try new things but sometimes pizzahut.com is just a hell of a lot easier, quicker, and a lot less mess than making a pizza from scratch even if mine taste better.
Hell yeah. Same with McDonald's. I ain't got time to spend hours in the grocery store and then kitchen to make something I'll enjoy for about 30 minutes tops. Pit stop, refuel, get going again. Only time I cook is when other people will benefit from it.

Main thing about cooking at home is that you can customize the food to your own taste.

I personally can't order ribs in a restaurant, because every restaurant around here believes you should smell/taste nothing but hickory smoke for the next few days.

Yeah I still don't see this equating to beer making or working on a car. It's chocolate milk.
You don't start working on your car by removing and overhauling your engine, you start by changing your oil.

Gee is already comfortable in the kitchen but this was a new material, so he is (metaphorically) changing the oil

How do you figure? Mass produced food against carefully prepared food at home? The answer is obvious which would be better.
Depends on the place to me. My local family owned restaurants can create better than me in some ways. Not all are as nasty as fast food or the like. They have better equipment than I can afford (wood burning stoves for pizzas and strombolis for example) and that makes a huge difference.

I make a parm crusted chicken with home made noodles and biscuits in my house. It's really really good. But I don't discount the family owned Italian place that makes their own version either.

Or that delicious buttermilk chicken sandwich I had at a non chain down the street. Or the croque monsieur I get at our local French place. I could attempt to make it but yeah it takes less time for me to go pick it up compared to making the bread myself (which they do there), then making the béchamel sauce and then broiling for a while. Not to mention cost.....

So not always easy or cost effective either to do it yourself.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee and Peppers
You don't start working on your car by removing and overhauling your engine, you start by changing your oil.

Gee is already comfortable in the kitchen but this was a new material, so he is (metaphorically) changing the oil
I already established a metaphor.

Hey @gee, that thing you find fun - well I think its stupid. :lol:

Now let's argue about it...
NKqfYzw.gif

To use a better metaphor, I'd say my chocolate milk experiment falls into the category of R&D, not production. I did it for the sake of learning/trying shit, not to demonstrate a time-effective way of making a glass of chocolate milk.

Hey @gee, that thing you find fun - well I think its stupid. :lol:

Now let's argue about it...
Dude, buy some cocoa nibs and make a chocolate stout. Then we'll turn an old nissan into a kegerator to serve it up, and give 123 a cranial explosion - OH MY GOD I HATE SO MANY THINGS ABOUT THIS I CAN'T EVEN *bang*

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and APRIL