Halp Exchange 2003 issues

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
I have a user who's sending an email to three addresses in another domain. The messages remained queued, and never get sent. When I check the queues, I see the following message:

The connection was dropped by the remote host.

I have verified with the sender that we are not blacklisted, that they are not using ReverseDNS......and here's the real kicker, I can send to their IT person without issue.

Nothing in my logs indicates there's an issue. I just sent an email to the three addresses in question, and as of right now, two people have verified receipt of these emails.

it sounds like maybe a word in the email title or a combination of words is getting it blocked. I haven't done server side email crapola in forever so I can't offer much beyond that though

Have the user send the exact same message you did to the same person. Then send the exact same message to the real intended target. etc...

Back when I worked in IT, someone e-mailed us asking why a specific message was being rejected by a client's e-mail server.

She'd accidentally typed "red flag" as "red fag" and tripped a content filter on the other side.

Back when I worked in IT, someone e-mailed us asking why a specific message was being rejected by a client's e-mail server.

She'd accidentally typed "red flag" as "red fag" and tripped a content filter on the other side.

I saw the email in question. Didn't have any issues like that that I could tell.

So the issue turned out to be their firewall rejecting attachments over 2 MB. I knew it was on their side the entire time, just didn't know why since they couldn't tell me.