Ew it's b Sinning's Birthday suit

Thanks again guys. It was very low key but nice. I spent most of the day with my son and my in the process of becoming Ex wife. Actually things are in limbo with me and her at the moment. Haven't done any paperwork, or at least she hasn't told me of any she's had done, and just working on building a friendship/working relationship. It's odd and probably best not to worry about. We both know we don't work so there is no way I'd let things head back in that direction even though she's hinted a few times. We just have to get a long well for my son.

Thanks again guys. It was very low key but nice. I spent most of the day with my son and my in the process of becoming Ex wife. Actually things are in limbo with me and her at the moment. Haven't done any paperwork, or at least she hasn't told me of any she's had done, and just working on building a friendship/working relationship. It's odd and probably best not to worry about. We both know we don't work so there is no way I'd let things head back in that direction even though she's hinted a few times. We just have to get a long well for my son.

Really you don't. I'm a product of a broken home and look at me... oh

It sucks because I sometimes I feel like I let me son down by my marriage not working out. But I don't want him to grow up in a house that his parents resent each other and it's obvious that they are only together for him.

My dad drove a truck out of town while I was growing up so I only really saw my dad every few weeks for a day or two at most for years and years until he stopped doing it when I was a teenager. I see my son a few times a week and when I do it's really quality time of us doing one on one things that my dad never did with me. I talk with him daily and I hope it's enough. Doing him right is one of the biggest concerns in my life.

at what point is a broken home better than what's going on inside the home? that's a tough one. :hs:

edit: wow, and at the same time, B. :fly:

It sucks because I sometimes I feel like I let me son down by my marriage not working out. But I don't want him to grow up in a house that his parents resent each other and it's obvious that they are only together for him.

My dad drove a truck out of town while I was growing up so I only really saw my dad every few weeks for a day or two at most for years and years until he stopped doing it when I was a teenager. I see my son a few times a week and when I do it's really quality time of us doing one on one things that my dad never did with me. I talk with him daily and I hope it's enough. Doing him right is one of the biggest concerns in my life.

all you can do is do what you can my friend :)
it is what it is

why am I talking like that? :lol:

he will remember the times you spent together fondly, I'm sure...I never even met my dad until I was 16 and I wish it hadn't been that way...we are great friends now though but so many years lost

Its not about the parents being married. Its the ethics and priciples that you choose to teach your child. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 3 weeks old, meet my mom and you will know why they are divorced. I have a great relationship with my dad. I would rather be part of a family with divorce than part of a family where when you walk in the door there is nothing but hostility inside. In the end its up to b-sinning what he wants to do but please realize that you are the role model for your son's future relationships. If he sees you putting up with constant shit he's going to think that he has to do it too.

Its not about the parents being married. Its the ethics and priciples that you choose to teach your child. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 3 weeks old, meet my mom and you will know why they are divorced. I have a great relationship with my dad. I would rather be part of a family with divorce than part of a family where when you walk in the door there is nothing but hostility inside. In the end its up to b-sinning what he wants to do but please realize that you are the role model for your son's future relationships. If he sees you putting up with constant shit he's going to think that he has to do it too.

yeah, but you're fucked up

i've said it before..

two "happy" parents separated > two unhappy parents together

I went to my son's signing day yesterday, his letter of intent to play at Webber. His mom and I have been split up since he was 18 mos. old. You can raise a good kid. it will be rough, you will feel guilt, you will feel joy. and it's especially rough the first few years. hopefully baby mama is a relatively sane, attentive, logical woman. (i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt BS, lmao)

it will be weird when you eventually see (or hear about usually) her and another man taking your son to a ball game or theme park (but be prepared, it WILL happen). yet another reason to really, really strengthen the bond you guys are building right now so he'll KNOW who "daddy" really is.

oh, and don't get crunk and lonely and go over and do the wild thing if you have truly decided things aren't going to work out. only prolongs the "official split".