Every man dies

Of course...

And then there is this. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy my life, because I do. However, I certainly am not "living", I'm just standing here marking time like the rest of you...

then you make changes. people have to realize that they are the only ones completely in charge of their lives. you make choices every day that affect your lifestyle. if you aren't happy with a 9 to 5 in the rat race of america, then you figure out your passion, prioritize what really matters in your life, focus on the new goal, and take action to get there. if you dream of another life but aren't ready to part with what you enjoy, you are making your choice. you might feel as if you have no choice because of living standards, but you are allowing for your life to be led as such. the possibilities are truly endless for how your life can be lived...but would you choose to give up the conveniences/pleasantries/extras you have come to enjoy to do it? i'm not sure there are many out there who have lived exactly the life they have dreamed of without other sacrifices. stop buying clothes you don't need. stop buying bigger tvs, going out to eat, paying for label things, furnishing your home with expensive appliances, etc etc etc...take this money, pay off your debt, and move to the country that offers you the most aliveness. or not. but YOU make the choice either way. :heart:
i'm so sorry i don't consider feats of strength and stamina as a person's worth. honestly i don't understand why people make anything out of it. do it if you find it fun but it doesn't mean anything in the end

just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to others, or isn't valid to anyone...or is sub-par because it's not as easily understood. that's a pretty judgemental thing to say that it doesn't mean anything in the end. you have no idea what does or doesn't hold meaning to another. your individual measuring stick is only yours, not someone else's.

you climb the hill you go back down the hill, nothing changes. so you proved you could do it, what about it. :rolleyes: suddenly your life is worth something?

i especially don't understand how people can find anything out of other people doing these kinds of things. what? does it inspire you to change your life?

like i said, if it makes you happy do it... that's my philosophy in life.

I'm not reading everything, but felt like commenting.

Why, just because this guy has traveled all over, does that make him more accomplished or lived better then someone who hasn't? I personally would much prefer to have the family aspect of life then the money and or ability to travel the world/climb a mountain. Just cause someone's goals are a little closer to home in life, certainly doesn't make their life any less fulfilled or special then someone who's goals are approved/shown off by the public. I will probably never see most of the world, I'll never climb a mountain, heck, I'll never have expensive cars or tons of clothes or a huge house, but even if I was to die tomorrow, I'd be happy with what I have accomplished.

I'm not reading everything, but felt like commenting.

Why, just because this guy has traveled all over, does that make him more accomplished or lived better then someone who hasn't? I personally would much prefer to have the family aspect of life then the money and or ability to travel the world/climb a mountain. Just cause someone's goals are a little closer to home in life, certainly doesn't make their life any less fulfilled or special then someone who's goals are approved/shown off by the public. I will probably never see most of the world, I'll never climb a mountain, heck, I'll never have expensive cars or tons of clothes or a huge house, but even if I was to die tomorrow, I'd be happy with what I have accomplished.

I agree with you 1000%. :heart:

The only true legacy/monument we leave behind are our children.

I don't think so much as he is being lauded as better than anyone else, just that he did live an extraordinary, if short, life in which he accomplished some extraordinary things.

I'm certainly not saying my life is better then his cause I had kids, but his certainly wasn't better then mine cause I didn't climb a mountain.

then you make changes. people have to realize that they are the only ones completely in charge of their lives.

As was already pointed out earlier... However, its just not that easy for some. Could you start training to climb Mt Everest next week or even next year if you wanted to? What about your children?

100 years from now, no one else will give a hoot otherwise.

What a miserable and vain outlook on life. That's almost as bad as having children so your welfare check is just a tad fatter. You have children because you love living, love the one you are sharing your life with and want to share that with another person. Albeit, having a child is not a necessity for the former two. And when a kid comes along unexpectedly you teach them to enjoy living, having friends, appreciating what they have been given and can give.

Kids aren't your legacy. They are a byproduct of sex. Nothing more. What you do with that spawn is no different than climbing Mount Everest. Perhaps a bit more noble depending on who you ask. Not having kids is just as admirable. You're a kiddie pimp if you think you should have kids so you are remembered.

In a hundred thousand years the only remnant of human society will be Mount Rushmore because it's carved out of solid granite.

if you don't affect humanity in a positive way than your life is meaningless and the world will have been better with out you from the beginning.