Ever wish you could be a mean person?

DirkPhoenix said:
elpmis need not reply

I sometimes think I would be a lot better off if I had asshole tendencies. You know, not taking shit and giving it back tenfold. If nothing else, it would turn a humdrum argument (read: verbal flogging) into a funtastic blowout. I'm sure I could be capable of it, but when the time comes I just find it easier to sit back and let it ride.

Anyone else feel like this?

edit:// this thread could also be called "Doormats, check in LOL AM I RITE??"

Being mean != being a doormat

I don't consider myself mean at all, however I never let poeple walk all over me. I always stand my ground when I feel it's needed

DirkPhoenix said:
That's not what I meant. I was referring to how people who wish they could be a little more assertive but can't would be replying to this thread. Hence the "doormat" comment.
I have a hard time asking for things that I deserver or have earned. If you figure out how to do it, let me know. Thanks

i can't say i care about anyone that is giving me crap, i just ignore them and they go away, nor have i ever found myself getting hurt by peoples comments, maybe cos i don't care about myself to take it seroiusly. Any arguements i have, if in in the mood for one, i just scream shout and answer back till they give up.

DirkPhoenix said:
It would seem to me to be a self-esteem issue. If you really think you deserve it, then it would be an insult to you to not get it.
I have great self esteem. I just hate pissing off other people, and don't like making trouble.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Start small, be polite and friendly. In no time at all you'll be a bastion of confidence.

I got a Best Buy manager to beat Circuit City's online price on a TV this weekend :fly:
nice. See, thats something I'm good at usually. I like going for the pricematch. What kind of TV?

I am mean. I don't get no lip from anyone and no one yells at me. I think most people are afraid of me.

DirkPhoenix said:
elpmis need not reply

I sometimes think I would be a lot better off if I had asshole tendencies. You know, not taking shit and giving it back tenfold. If nothing else, it would turn a humdrum argument (read: verbal flogging) into a funtastic blowout. I'm sure I could be capable of it, but when the time comes I just find it easier to sit back and let it ride.

Anyone else feel like this?

edit:// this thread could also be called "Doormats, check in LOL AM I RITE??"

Aye, I feel ya! I wish I could go back to being that way. I had it down to a science before I was sent my fiancee. Now I get into all sorts of trouble for not being the a-hole that I used to be. :(
It was easier when I didn't give a rats ass about any woman.

Dm

fly said:
How's the water damage?
Items needing replacement:
Plumbing - all
Heating pipes (forced hot water)
Kitchen walls
Kitchen cieling
Kitchen floor and subfloor
Kitchen cabinets
Bathroom floor x 2
Toilet
Dining room wall
Family room wall

Items needing refinishing:
MBR cieling
Downstairs wood floors
Paint in all rooms where a wall is being replaced

probably some additional stuff too

i am a mean person. some people call me the meanest person in the whole world.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Items needing replacement:
Plumbing - all
Heating pipes (forced hot water)
Kitchen walls
Kitchen cieling
Kitchen floor and subfloor
Kitchen cabinets
Bathroom floor x 2
Toilet
Dining room wall
Family room wall

Items needing refinishing:
MBR cieling
Downstairs wood floors
Paint in all rooms where a wall is being replaced

probably some additional stuff too

OUCH!!! How much is all of that gonna cost?

*prepares for a shocker*

:eek:
Dm of mD