FYI Ever taken a black out day?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,121
Steam
mattressfish
So just for fun, get things done, and just see if we could do it, @APRIL and I took an entire day offline yesterday. No internet. It was weird and interesting. I missed not being able to look things up that I didn't know. And I wondered if this place was running okay.

We took a 2 hour run, watched OTA TV, and she played some cards along with a ton of outdoors stuff. Other than being sick yesterday and therefore puking five times during the run, it was a ton of fun.

Ever intentionally done this recently?

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
i used to do it all the time at the cottage, mostly because we didn't have internet, and only sparse cell phone coverage there. It's nice - very nice. I do it a lot on vacation down south as well. It's nice to disconnect - anxiety levels go down and you realize how much time you waste on useless crap. I wanna spend a week without electricity and see how that goes. Other than refrigeration, it should be pretty fun.

Without electricity.... Whew when the lights go out during a storm, it's so hard to remember that I can just flip the lights on. :lol:

i used to do it all the time at the cottage, mostly because we didn't have internet, and only sparse cell phone coverage there. It's nice - very nice. I do it a lot on vacation down south as well. It's nice to disconnect - anxiety levels go down and you realize how much time you waste on useless crap. I wanna spend a week without electricity and see how that goes. Other than refrigeration, it should be pretty fun.
I guess I've done that too and didn't really miss it. It was weird this time because the shit really was at my fingertips, I was just CHOOSING not to use it. :lol:

So just for fun, get things done, and just see if we could do it, @APRIL and I took an entire day offline yesterday. No internet. It was weird and interesting. I missed not being able to look things up that I didn't know. And I wondered if this place was running okay.

We took a 2 hour run, watched OTA TV, and she played some cards along with a ton of outdoors stuff. Other than being sick yesterday and therefore puking five times during the run, it was a ton of fun.

Ever intentionally done this recently?

I did it one day last winter. Read a book, watched some TV, and visited my parents. Had my phone with me and on the whole time but didn't use it to go online for anything. You don't realize how much time you spend online until you force yourself not to for a day.

It's really not that difficult depending on the time of year. This time of year on Sundays we ride bikes down to the Farmers Market in the morning and hang out there for a few hours then either head to one of the canyons or open spaces with the dogs.

I will admit it is also easier for me to do it than other people here just because I can go 15 minutes and have zero cell service.