Halp Ever install an electric water heater?

I haven't had a history class in over 20 years. My rusty memory put Romulus and Remus a little further back. 700 something BC still sounds too late for the founding of Rome in comparison to other places in the area.

Clearly you've never played Clue or watched the movie if you're surprised at the weight of one. :p
Yeah, no not really.
I haven't had a history class in over 20 years. My rusty memory put Romulus and Remus a little further back. 700 something BC still sounds too late for the founding of Rome in comparison to other places in the area.
700 bc would be the kingdom of rome, it was like a lil city state and all the roman tribes were still attacking each other. They really didnt take off as a unified nation until the roman republic in the 500s.

This was actually from latin class not history >.>

lw8ysrR.jpg

As usual your knowledge of history/politics is terrible. The Etruscan civilization started ~700BC and would be swallowed up by the Roman Republic ~400BC. The Roman Republic was started ~500BC.

As usual your knowledge of history/politics is terrible. The Etruscan civilization started ~700BC and would be swallowed up by the Roman Republic ~400BC. The Roman Republic was started ~500BC.

Says you who forgot prohibition this morning.

@gee @ Domon

So I'm trying to run the CPVC for the water heater. The pressure relief valve is on the side and its crooked. This makes the PVC pipe slightly run 'uphill' which means that water could sit in the pipe. I think that's bad, but I don't seem to be able to tighten the valve to make it run vertically. Is this an issue?

edit: It seems I can just not drain the pressure relief valve outside. It really wouldn't ruin anything if it opened in the garage...

Last edited:
Don't worry about angles in water supply pipe, it only really matters if you need to reliably drain it in a winter cottage or something.

The other problem I ran into is that the old CPVC is VERY brittle. I couldn't get a clean cut on the water inlet and outlet. I'm hoping it works, but I'm betting it doesn't. Either way, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to find out because I don't want to spend my whole night in bed seething.

The other problem I ran into is that the old CPVC is VERY brittle. I couldn't get a clean cut on the water inlet and outlet. I'm hoping it works, but I'm betting it doesn't. Either way, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to find out because I don't want to spend my whole night in bed seething.

what are you using to cut it. The right tools make an enormous difference.

also, as gee said, slight grade in water supply doesnt matter.