Ontopic Even the New York Times admits...

I'm not sure how advance directives translate in to death panels. Doctors prefer patients to have an end of life directive to ensure they get the care they want.

What does Sarah Palin/Ara prefer?

Patients talking to doctors about end of life treatment = death panel.

lol @ how you try to simplify it.

your administration has taken it upon themselves to tell doctors "hey, we'll pay you to have end of life conversations with your patients."

Since the doctors are the ones being paid by the gov't specifically to have this conversation, and specifically by medicare, it's curious not to think that encouraging doctors to have these conversations won't have profit leaning motives.

lol @ how you try to simplify it.

your administration has taken it upon themselves to tell doctors "hey, we'll pay you to have end of life conversations with your patients."

Since the doctors are the ones being paid by the gov't specifically to have this conversation, and specifically by medicare, it's curious not to think that encouraging doctors to have these conversations won't have profit leaning motives.

Show me where these doctors are being compensated additionally for directing patients to choose shorter term treatment options.

You won't find it. The reimbursement to doctors is for getting patients to talk about what they want. If anything, it gives patients more control and doctors less.

Who fucking cares? People don't need to live forever and we don't need to spend a trillion dollars to keep a 102 year old man alive.

Seriously, I don't want to live that long. 100 is plenty, then it's time to move on to something else.

Medicare isn't flat fee. Each procedure has it's own medicare payment that the doctor will receive. Those payments get changed as the gov't sees fit.

If the doctor makes more government money on one procedure over another, guess where the recommendation goes?

This isn't rocket science, it's obamacare.

Medicare isn't flat fee. Each procedure has it's own medicare payment that the doctor will receive. Those payments get changed as the gov't sees fit.

If the doctor makes more government money on one procedure over another, guess where the recommendation goes?

This isn't rocket science, it's obamacare.

What you're saying is that it's in the doctor's best interest to not discuss advance directives. Because if you don't have one, they are obligated to keep you alive as long as possible and will keep raking in money on procedures.

How is that a death panel? Sounds like a life panel to me.

no. what I'm saying is that the most profitable wins over the less profitable. it wins every time.
Less profitable = death panel.

No to mention, they'll help you with legal directives too! Will they provide you your own lawyer to tell them what's up? nope. . .

There are only two types of Directives: Proxy and Instruction.

Both of them are made by the patient. Doctors can only make recommendations in the case of Instruction.

There are only two types of Directives: Proxy and Instruction.

Both of them are made by the patient. Doctors can only make recommendations in the case of Instruction.

let's talk about how profit plays into that.

The doctor is paid to have the conversation, so saying,
:haaay: I'm your doctor & was wondering if you wanted info on end of life care?
is within the bounds.

As soon as the patient says 'yes,' it's what you call instruction. And profit can easily play motive in the instruction. . .

this is not difficult for you to understand.